Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up

Beautiful Lori!!!!! Wow, we are going to have some gorgeous blocks in this swap!!!!!!!

I am excited to see the sampling of the blocks that you early birds have made. Very impressive! I have my pattern chosen, and the fabric ready, but that darn arm cast put me 8 weeks behind. So far, I see blocks that I want, want, want! Cool exchange!

Blog Entries
    Lori, that block worked up beautifully! I had that one pulled as a maybe for me...I like it soo much!

Such a pretty block Lori. We are really going to have fun with this exchange.

Oh that is pretty!!

Quick question...

1) Can we still join this exchange?

2) If the answer to #1 is yes, is it ok that I'm new and haven't participated before?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Quick question...

2) If the answer to #1 is yes, is it ok that I'm new and haven't participated before?

I believe as long as you get your blocks mailed to Judy by March 1rst there is no deadline to join. And newcomers are always welcome. I am sure Judy will be on to give you the final answer on this soon. This is just my understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Quick question...

Yep, you're in...
    no problem being new, just make sure you follow the directions.
    Address for mailing will be posted when we are closer to the deadline.

welcome

Hi Everyone, Thought I better post this as I made a block from Quilters cache, this one was called the Florida Star. It made 12" exactly. However Jstitch has stipulated that they should measure 12.5". Just in case you made this block and had the same problem as I had. in the end I had to increase the size of the pattern by 1/4" and then square it up afterwards.

Elle

thanks for the heads up.

Blog Entries
    Hey Elle, I'm glad you posted that. I also had that one on my list of maybe to do....I tested a block from quilterscache this weekend..paper pieced and would you believe the paper patterns don't match up???GRRRR!!

Wait a sec and I'll go get the name of it...ok, its called Starshine. I'm going to try to adjust it, if not...then I'll have a really pretty pot holder with the points off...just a tad.. :?

No problem, just didnīt want you all to have problems, thought it was me just not getting the seams correct. I tried 3 times before the penny clicked, yes I am a bit slow.... LOL

So you all be careful to measure the blocks when you take them off the site.

Elle

Elle, I noticed a problem too and then the points were giving me issues, and I realized that I'd forgotten to wash the fabric first.... argh!!! sooooooo I've changed the block I'm doing. As soon as I can find the camera, I'll take a new pic.

Well at least I know now that I wasnīt going mad. Hope you get it sorted out. Good luck

Elle

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    everyone's "early bird" blocks look great!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoriJ
    Elle, I noticed a problem too and then the points were giving me issues, and I realized that I'd forgotten to wash the fabric first.... argh!!! sooooooo I've changed the block I'm doing. As soon as I can find the camera, I'll take a new pic.
    Ack! If you're talking about the block in the picture you took...I'm scared! It's beautiful and looks perfect!! Here's hoping it's only because you didn't wash it or else I'm in trouble :shock:

Still working on finding my pattern....pulled all the blues and whites out at least. Deciding is always the hardest part (for me).

Nah, the first one seemed to work out fine, but the second was giving me fits. I decided I was NOT having any fun, so it was off to the 'puter to find another pattern that was more fun to make.

Banned
    My mailing address has been posted in the instructions on the first page.
    Please go there to get it when you are ready to mail your blocks..

For the international girls, we still need to come up with a process for you to send money for your return postage...

Judy

Okay Judy, think I have solved the problem. Do you have a Paypal account. the process is really simple if you have. Simply give me your Paypal email address and I can send you the money. Have looked into it and it is really simple.

However if you havenīt Iwill put my thinking cap on again.

Elle

Ok, so here's the block I settled on doing. Much less discontent doing this one instead. Hope you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very pretty Lori!!!! My sample block came out perfect, so I started sewing monday, did all the units before putting any blocks together, the first one I did put together is 1/8" too small. Now I dont know if I just messed up on this first one or if all of them are going to be too small!!!!!!! I was having trouble with one particular point on each unit. So maybe that is where my problem is. Now do I rip everything apart or just start over? Arrrgh!!!!! So frustrating!!!!!! :evil:

Oh how I do agree when it some tomeasurig those blocks and they are out by 1/8" .

LoriJ your block looks great. love the fabric.

Elle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Oh how I do agree when it some tomeasurig those blocks and they are out by 1/8" .

LoriJ your block looks great. love the fabric.

Elle
    Just letting you know that 1/8" is within my margin of error...I wont send them back for that...

Blog Entries
    Lori, that block is really pretty too!

I still haven't gotten back to mine from taking it apart where the paper patterns didn't match up..got sidetracked on DH's quilt.

Blog Entries
    Here is a test block which I will NOT be using... Actually the colors do look pretty together but, it takes me entirely too long to make this one and when I looked at it finished I think that the outer part makes the block look on point and wouldn't play well with other star blocks..so this one will turn into something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast