Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011 >

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Old 04-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Yeaaaaaaaa for you YukonV!!!
It's funny how the rumour mill can push us into action .... and good for you for getting back at it, and having next Saturday as a goal.

I vowed all along, to not pick up my next Clue until the previous one was done. That's helped to keep me on track, at least once a month. So sometimes I did my sewing, picked up my Clue the next day, and while everything was out, did the new one. It seemed like I only sewed every two months!!!!! So I haven't done my last Clue, and the next one should come very soon .... sidetracked a little as I got my FWS finished and off to the LAQ. Then got behind on the weekly PC block pairs, and have been determined to get caught back up there, while we are on Spring Break ... two more blocks to go, and then I'll be back to BCS mode!!!!

So it looks like we might be posting our photos pretty much together!! See you again, soon!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 PM

Red face

Ok, is everyone sitting down?

Are you ready?

Ok, I have to just spit it out, sort of like pulling off a bandaid...

(deep breath)

I'm ALL CAUGHT UP!!!!

I am ready to pick up Installment #6 next Saturday...WAHOO!!!

And I've attached a photo (at least I think I have, first time doing it since the switchover).
Attached Thumbnails 004-4.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

WTG YukonViv ... You did it!!! ..... got caught up AND got the pic posted!
It's got a nice soft look to it ... and I really like it.
I hope you are pleased with it too!

1/2 PC block to go ... and then I can catch up on my BCS!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Hello All ... Here's a copy of the email I received from my LQS that I wanted to alert everyone about ... I'm thinking it's nothing too critical, and perhaps something that those doing the Quaintly Queen figured out. While i"m doing the Lazy Lap, I'm asking for the info, in case I should make it again ... or expand my LL into a QQ.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ...........
Hi Mystery Quilters
The next installment for the Border Creek Station Mystery Quilt is now ready for pick up. I also have been notified that the queen size instructions in #5 & #7 instructions have errors in them. I can email or print you a copy of the corrections if you require them. Please email or call to let me know that you would like them to pick up or email.
We are also starting a waiting list of names for the next mystery to start in the Fall 2012. This mystery will be a very special one as it will be the 10th anniversary. It will be called "Quilters Celebration" Mystery Quilt.

For me, the really good news is that there's a new BCS Mystery on the horizon!!! Yessssssss!!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Ok, doesn't seem to affect us lazy lappers...I'll see what they say at our little meeting on saturday, see if there is a hand out or something.

Hmmm...next mystery? can I commit myself? I know I'll fall behind...but I will catch up eventually...oooh decisions.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Hopefully they will have the info for everyone on Saturday! If not, you can give the heads up.

If I get to my LQS before then (which I'm not expecting), I'll let you know what I find out.

Oh of course, you can commit .... it's not til the fall that the new one starts.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Woohoo ... Clue # 6 completed last night .... lookin' good, if I do say so myself!

Being that you get your Clue#6 tomorrow,
YKViv, I don't think I'll post my pics .... gotta let you have SOME surprise during this Mystery!

And when you are getting your #6 ... I'll be off and picking up my #7.

Coming close to the end!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I don't think I'll post my pics .... gotta let you have SOME surprise during this Mystery!

And when you are getting your #6 ... I'll be off and picking up my #7.

Coming close to the end!!!
Hi
We would love to see some pictures!
How close to the end are you now?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by YukonViv View Post
Ok, doesn't seem to affect us lazy lappers...I'll see what they say at our little meeting on saturday, see if there is a hand out or something.

Hmmm...next mystery? can I commit myself? I know I'll fall behind...but I will catch up eventually...oooh decisions.
I'm a lazy lapper as well. How is the 2011 mystery going for you?
I am at a bit of a stand still but hope to start up again in September as my August calender is 'crazy' booked!

hope your summers are going well!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Mine is done ... I took it to a Spring Fair entering in the quilt top only class and got a red (1st) ribbon.

I'm wanting to add some extra borders and plan to enter it in the same class in some other fairs this fall. Then my plan is to quilt it this winter on my DSM.

YOurs was such neat fabric ... and I was wondering the other day how you and others have progressed!