Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011 >

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BC_QuilterLaur View Post
Hi YukonViv
did I miss something there? I thought there were three colours for this quilt and that QuiltE had them all sewn in. I guess I thought the drk grn background was to have contrast when she was showing us her progress.

QuiltE Are you planning on adding the dark green a little later as things go on? Is it perhaps your backing?
You got it BCQLaur ... it was just what was up on the board at the time ... and I was too lazy to take it down and use the "correct" one! I guess it could work with the mix, though I think it may be the wrong shade? tone? (whatever the right word is?) for the light green (different green family?). I am making the Lazy Lap ... might expand it to be a bigger one ..... will only see after we get thru all the clues and I see what I could do.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Wow I love to see other work. This is a great quilt! It must have been one of the hooks that got you deeper into quilting. Did you keep it? what size is it. Mine is a lap.
Have a great day, gotta get off to work.

Oh yes, I still have it ... it's on a quilt rack ewith some other quilts and I might give it a way sometime. It's nice, but just doesn't have much pizazz or work to it, so I'm not that fond of it ... even though I love the fabrics/colours!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 PM

Default next installment

Hi
So this is the second week in a row with no cutting. I seem to have a lot of fabric left and a fair amount of space taken up by the pieces we have already made. here are some of the peices just laid a round. I tried to get some kind of idea of what might come next but I am either not good at it or have not had enough experience with a variety of layouts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]321430[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sale-pics-041-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM

Default other pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]321431[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]321432[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sale-pics-042-medium-.jpg   sale-pics-040-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Power Poster

It's going to be beautiful BCLaur .... The Clue that is waiting for me to do, will answer much of your question!!
That's one thing that I have felt a bit awkward about ... I'm at least one clue ahead of everyone, so it kind of takes away from the surprise when I post.

Does this bring you up to date with your Clues? When will you get your next one?

About extra fabric ... I have no idea as to whether I have a little or lot left .... I didn't start with the required amounts! The two from my stash were a lot longer than necessary, and the purple I had to buy, I bought extra.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
It's going to be beautiful BCLaur .... The Clue that is waiting for me to do, will answer much of your question!!
That's one thing that I have felt a bit awkward about ... I'm at least one clue ahead of everyone, so it kind of takes away from the surprise when I post.

Does this bring you up to date with your Clues? When will you get your next one?

About extra fabric ... I have no idea as to whether I have a little or lot left .... I didn't start with the required amounts! The two from my stash were a lot longer than necessary, and the purple I had to buy, I bought extra.
Hi
Yes it does bring me up to date. I was given installment 5 (previous pics) and installment 6 (these pics)at the same time. So the bifirst pic which I am calling my feather box and the second pic which features what I am calling my inukshuk stars (because of the stonehedge fabric) and the four borders were the last clue I have. I havenot seen those of yours. Could you post a picture. Does your next clue include some cutting?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Hi
Yes it does bring me up to date. I was given installment 5 (previous pics) and installment 6 (these pics)at the same time. So the bifirst pic which I am calling my feather box and the second pic which features what I am calling my inukshuk stars (because of the stonehedge fabric) and the four borders were the last clue I have. I havenot seen those of yours. Could you post a picture. Does your next clue include some cutting?
I haven't done mine yet ... so I think you are now ahead of me!
I want to get some PC blocks caught up before I do the BCS, being that I still have another 2 or 3 weeks til the next Clue, so have some time to spare.

Maybe this weekend? I feel like I am in withdrawl, as I haven't sewn for a few days now!!! and won't tomorrow either!

Then watchout Friday night and the weekend!!!!!!!!

Buttttttttt I still have some finishing up on my FWS, so if I don't get it done first ..... I won't be able to see any of the rest of these dreams fulfilled!

Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 PM

You definately have time as this one only has sewing and ironing. It sounds like you have a lot of committments in terms of your quilting. I hope this is how you like to quilt. I too am itching to be at the sewing machine but tonight am doing some preliminary planning for a quilt for my daughter. Happy night of whatever you are up to tonight!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

I've just had too much going on in my life ... that WORK thing gets in the way of the FUN part of living!!!

My understanding is that the cutting was all done upfront .... at least I think so!
I must say that the pattern has been very well put together ... the Clue's well explained and you're not left wondering, now what does she mean here? Love the one Clue where she even said ... yes, that's what I mean in the cartoon cloud thingy!!!

Have you done any of her other patterns? I did Gatherings before as a $10 Challenge thru the LQS, so that's what sold me that I'd not feel I was taking a total risk!! And so far I am quite happy with this one!!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:30 PM

Oh wow I'm so loving those feathers.

Ok, I'm seriously working on this, I am on installment 4. I just have to sew together the 5 strips to be subcut.

I have installment #5 too and I think I can manage this tomorrow. I certainly hope so as we get installment #6 next Saturday!

edited to add:

I should have mentioned, I'm really under the gun now to get caught up. Apparently my friend at the quilt shop mentioned to a couple of mutual friends that I was way behind...and they told a couple of friends, etc. Now I can't even fake it on Saturday LOL...I have to bring in my homework.

Last edited by YukonViv; 04-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.