Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Creek Station mystery quilt 2011

Here's Clue #3 ... that means I am done with BCS til about January 21st. This Clue, we get to join up some of our pieces from the previous Clues.

Sorry ... I didn't realize til I put this pic up that it's so lousy .... the purple and green blocks in the upper right kind of look like a jumbled mess. They are QSTs.

And now ... with BCS up to date I will be getting back to FWS and see how many more I can finish before PC starts.

Name:  BCSClue#3.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  1.49 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 12-23-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by YukonViv View Post
    Just got back from the first meeting for Border Creek Station's new mystery quilt and I am very excited.

Is anyone else signed up for it too? http://bordercreekstation.com/index.html

I decided to use the Seaside Romance colourway, it's so calming.
    I'm a newbie. What is Border Creek Station all about?

Quote Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
    I'm a newbie. What is Border Creek Station all about?
    Border Creek Station is a designer's company. She has put together a mystery quilt pattern, which is marketed thru LQS' in Canada and USA. We get a "Clue" once a month for eight months, which gives us the part of the pattern we are to accomplish during that time. Til the end, you're really not sure what the design is. Thus the Mystery.

If you're interested, check with your LQS and see if they are doing the Mystery, as some aren't starting til January. There is a list of participating LQS' on her website, though there may be more that aren't listed.

One nice thing about this one is that you can use their suggested fabric choices, which is the "safe" route! Or you can use other fabrics of your choice, which is what I have done, as I am working on downsizing my stash.

I'm sure you've figured out now, the pics ... what we have done in each of the Clues.

Quilte
    I just got my Pony Club Book in the mail so I guess I'm in on that one also.
    Love Love the purple and green that you are doing! I'm thinking of pink and green for this one. I saw some really pretty pink and green fabric at the Quilt shop............i think it will work.My first class is on the 14th of January. Can't wait to get started so that I can keep up with you. (I'll probably never be able to keep up with you but I can only hope)
    Gotta gallop over to the Pony club now and check in!!!!!!!!!
    Lisa

LJS ... Yeaaa! It'll be so good to have you with us in the PC. Pretty pink and green will be nice, of course! Can't go wrong with that!!!

How's all the other BCS'ers doing?

Hi
    I have just found this forum.
    I am a new quilter I am making a mystery quilt for the first time.
    I am excited about it. our quilt shop here in the okanagan is handing out clues once a month.
    I have picked very alternate fabric as I am trying to make it for my husband.
    So although it saysa something about romance my material is distinctly male.

Hmm I wonder how that will work?

Welcome BC!! ... Glad to have another Canuck along here with you.
    Sherri designed the quilt using two sets of fabrics. A lot of us are doing it with fabrics of our own choice, so don't worry about your alternative male choices! So long as you used her guidelines for choosing, I'm sure it'll work out just fine!

Please be sure to join us and post your work once you have Clue #1 completed. And of course, from there on.

Hi
    \i thought #1 for us was picking the material
    I liked the romance with the off white light green theme but my shop decided to purchasse the red and off white which did not appeal to me.

So I went with what my husband is telling me he likes. As I am new to quilting Ihave done afew baby quilts and one for a rafFel so none to keep at home (which I think slightly irks my DH)

So thus far I have picked the fabric Which thought was step 1 (Oct)
    done the first cut and the three strip (step 2) (Nov)
    and then the Half square triangles, etc (step 3 December)
    I am looking forward to the next instructions but will be back at work full time by then.
    I will post a pic in the near future if I can figure it out.

I have been helping my daughter with her first lap quilt ( garden maze) she found on the internet. she wanted to make it for her boyfriends parents.

Great ... we'll look forward to your photos!!!!

Name:  Tom's Quilt 005 (Medium).JPG
Views: 166
Size:  83.2 KB
    Here is my attempt
    The stone hedge one is the dark (red, candlelight)
    the feathers are the transition from dark to light.
    and the paisely is the light.
    Happy new year to all!

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh those fabrics are so cool!

I still haven't completed my homework, I still have some time before clue #3 is given out at our shop.
    Vivian
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    www.quiltingunderthemidnightsun.blogspot.ca

Hi
    I am just looking at your cuts and it looks like your solid 3" squares are made from your transition fabric are you doing the seaside romance colours?

BCQLaur .... Great fabric ... my colours!!

YukonViv .... you're like me, wait til the last moment! I did that this time again, though was a very good girl and came right home and got it done that night. So I get to forget about mine til the end of January. I hate the wait! though it's good, as I can do other things. Win-Win!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 12-30-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Got most of #2 cut just need to do a little bit of sewing, picked up the sheet for week 3 today, we've got a lot of sewing in this session, finally! I'll post some more pics next week. How is everyone else making out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila_H View Post
    Got most of #2 cut just need to do a little bit of sewing, picked up the sheet for week 3 today, we've got a lot of sewing in this session, finally! I'll post some more pics next week. How is everyone else making out?
    Hello SheilaH ... Good to see you back with us! I'm all caught up with BCS and won't see the next clue for about another week or so. I haven't seen you over on the PC threads either. Maybe you've been away down south and enjoying the warm weather? Granted we've had it pretty good this year. Although sounds like tonight all h.... might break loose!

Will look forward to seeing your progress after #2, and then again, after #3 gets completed!

How about everyone else? ... show your stuff!!!

Hi QuiltE Happy New Year! yes I was quiet over the holidays dealing with pneumonia and I fell on the first ice on our steps and cracked my tailbone two days before Christmas! I've sworn that this year has to be better, at least I'm back quilting again, yeah! We had snow, freezing rain, high winds, and then mixes of a little of everything today. So I've got this one on the go, trying to catch up on the Blooming Nine Patch, and then next month I start the Gypsy Rose BOM and Star of Bethlehem and still doing the Bernina Academy do you think I took on enough projects lol

OUCH!!!!!!! Now that's taking it a little far, for sending the old year out with a big bang!
    Hope your butt is feeling better now!

Crazy Lady you are ... with all that?
    Is that a subtle way to tell me that you're not saddling up for the PC?

I SO want to see your B9P ... hurry hurry hurry!!

Hi! Hi! Hi!

Tomorrow is the day I get step 1!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lisa

Yeeeeehhhaaaaawww!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi all!!!!

Ok, I now have clue #3...although...

do I have to say it?

I haven't finished clue #2!!!!!!!

Seriously, there was a reason I needed a group around me to motivate me LOL.

Ok, this weekend, I will seriously catch up. How is everyone else doing?

BTW, still thinking of that pony one but it feels like it's moving further and further away.
    Vivian
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    www.quiltingunderthemidnightsun.blogspot.ca

Oh it's never out of reach YukonViv ... you can saddle up anytime and still do it.
    I did one block, and have put it on hold til I finish the FWS blocks. I only have four left to do ... so I'm hoping this weekend for that!
    Then I'll work on PC while I do the sashing etc for FWS.

I got Clue #4 for BCS last week ... same as above as to why it hasn't been done yet! I do like the looks of it so far, and Clue #4 gives even more of an idea of where we are heading.

Of course my guesses may be all wrong! Though it is getting more intriguing and exciting as you see more done!

So for your BCS,
    YukonViv ... you've put it out here, and now you know that we know that you plan to do it this weekend! Accountability works!!!

I need to catch up this weekend too I've been down sick off and on since Christmas and basically have zero energy! But I got all the material out today and piled up to start back at it tomorrow. Too bad we could use Skype or something to all connect at a certain time to keep each other motivated! Where has QuiltE disappeared to haven't seen her around in a few weeks.

LOL never mind I guess both minds think alike glad to see you around lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila_H View Post
    LOL never mind I guess both minds think alike glad to see you around lady.
    I've been following the PC and FWS threads ... and not around for much else.
    Life's been busy ... but the really really good news is that I just have 4 blocks left on the BCS.

So sorry that you're still not back up to par! Perhaps some sewing tomorrow, will be just what the Dr. ordered to help you recover fully. How's your B9P coming? Please post pics, for me ... at least of the fabrics! I keep thinkng of it and keep saying noooooooooo you have too many UFOs and PhDs to start something new. We'll see and I can't wait to do one!

I am having a little trouble with my quarter squares as several of them are quite scant on the 3" size. I guess I will take them out..... but now I am concerned that my 1/4 inch mark on my machine bed might not be accurate enough. (hmm maybe it is the quilter and not the machine ; but so much easier to blame the tools we work with first.) I quess I better check some of my other squares. I dread this

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast