Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bow Tucks question

Use lots of steam to get that fusible to adhere. I don't like to quilt.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by chips88 View Post
    i just orderd my bow tucks pattern and should get it in a few days. just wondering what type of fabric to use and hope it is an easy to do pattern. and if i mess up can i take the pattern pieces and make extras? before i start
    I just made my first bow tucks. I asked my LQS to do a workshop on it for me because I sometimes have a hard time reading patterns, I learn better by watching than reading. Any way, in answer to your question, there are no pattern pieces included--just dimensions for you to cut the material. So, yes if you mess up you can make extras.
    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

I love the bow tucks and have made several. I have had complete strangers ask me where I got mine and they are amazed that I made them. I quilt mine because I like the look of them quilted. I also make the handles longer just because I like to sling them over my shoulder. I hand stitch the opening and put fabric covered heavy cardboard in the bottom. Sometimes I made a fabric pocket or I just hot glue a piece of fabric to the cardboard. I am going to make several as Christmas gifts this year for family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2