Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Boy, am I in a pickle!  Need help! >

Boy, am I in a pickle! Need help!

Boy, am I in a pickle! Need help!

Old 10-13-2014, 07:04 AM

What about a double slice layer cake (Missouri Star)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxC-0T5lXw4

It really goes together quickly. I am not too sure it is sophisticated, but my guys sure like this pattern. It starts with a layer cake, but I have done it with just five or six fabrics and that looked really good too.

I am so sorry to hear about your quilt. You were so gracious to not go ballistic when you heard the news. I think I'd want the quilt back also...maybe you can make a smaller quilt or something.

Here is a picture of one of my Double Slice Layer Cake quilts, in case it "rings your chimes."

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001400.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 07:42 AM

You are a kind person to be so understanding. I am sorry this happened to your quilt. Have you seen a picture of it? I cant help you in another pattern that would go quickly. Just wanted to say what a nice quilter you are.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt938 View Post
I like the BQ patterns ( still meaning to make one..sigh...keep seeing fabric in my stash but too many ufos in line already)..also like warm wishes and rail fence. quilt in a day log cabin and time for a chain irish chain are nice too
I agree. Nothing faster than a BQ or BQ2 quilt. I am going to start a Warm Wishes that the focus fabric is 8.5" square while everything else remains the same.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:18 AM

How about Warm Wishes?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:47 AM

I've made several really quik quilts - Chevron, Carpenter's Star, De Novo & 10-minute block quilts are all, in my opinion, quick to make, great to look at, and pretty darn easy!

Attached Thumbnails denovo.jpg   10minblock.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM

So sorry for you about the quilt and bleach. I don't like bleach!!!! When i am staying at my summer RV, I keep my bleach in a bag under the trailer until I need it at the laundry and then it goes back outside. At home I keep my bleach in the garage, not in laundry room. One time when we traveled the closet door in the trailer came open and bleach fell out and some how dripped all over the carpet. I bet she never leaves the bleach in the laundry room again and I would never never put my fabric or scraps or quilt on the floor. I use those plastic bags all the time.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:03 PM

Oh, MacThayer, I am soooooo sorry this happened to one of your quilts--but as a long armer (with cats) myself, I can understand her predicament--and would also have been in tears when having to call you. You are a wonder in understanding her end of the problem; and I do feel she is being as reasonable as she can be with her offer of future free LAing.

Any of the quilts shown are reasonably quick to finish in time for a Christmas gift (at this time) providing you are not snowed under by other Christmas gifts and requests. You just don't have the time to mull and agonize over them like I do when I am trying to select something for someone special.

Please keep us posted on your decision and how this turns out for you. Love and best wishes.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:14 PM

The original Turning Twenty is quick and easy--fabric choice makes all the difference for the intended recipient.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM

As most everyone has said... you were far more gracious than I could be. For the life of me, I can't begin to understand why anyone would put a quilt top on the floor of the laundry room. Curiosity would have me asking how that came about.

Certainly would expect compensation in the form of $$$. Not sure I'd feel real safe sending more work her direction.

I didn't make this quilt. But for a masculine quilt, this could be fast and easy. Four triangles in stripes, and as I just learned yesterday - they do meet up in the center. It's an optical illusion that they're off center a bit.

This is one I made.. snowball.

Attached Thumbnails img_3052.jpg   img_2944.jpg   img_3423.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

The only fabric that is on my floor is in clear containers. Bleach is in my laundry room/shed but is also kept in a container with a lid on it. I hang onto the zippered plastic bags when I purchased bedspreads and other coverings/blankets. I also have Ziploc XL 10 gallon bags that will also hold a queen size quilt. I am very persnickety when I'm in possession of some one else's possessions. I also don't have cats. But still looks like no respect for your quilt. You are a very nice person. When she gets your quilt, she needs to make yours a priority on her LA.