Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Boy, am I in a pickle!  Need help! >

Boy, am I in a pickle! Need help!

Boy, am I in a pickle! Need help!

Old 10-14-2014, 05:17 AM

My first question would be.......Why is a quilt top on the laundy room floor were it can be stepped on or come in contact with dirty clothes or have bleach even dripped on??? I admire you for being so understanding, but anything can happen in a laundry room floor. Hopefully things will go better with the next one. DNP is a simple but beautiful pattern.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
The original Turning Twenty is quick and easy--fabric choice makes all the difference for the intended recipient.
I agree! Turning Twenty is my "go to" pattern when I need to make something quick. I made one for my husband using Stonehenge grays, browns, beige and black. He doesn't care for anything too flowery so those were the perfect fabrics to use. The one I made for my daughter are with Asian fabrics. The finished quilts look like two totally different patterns.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:24 AM

By the way, I'm guessing this will be the last time your LA leaves a quilt unprotected on the floor. Hard lesson to learn, and I'm sorry it happened to your quilt.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:28 AM

I made this one in less than a week, just change the colors and it would work. It is one of the few that my hubby actually said he liked, and that is high praise coming from him, lol.I think this is the link for the pattern, http://madanquilting.blogspot.com/20...-tutorial.html
Attached Thumbnails 20140927_190520.jpg  
Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM

Sorry to hear of this happening! just one more reason I don't have cats in my home! I really would find another long arm quilter, why would she have your quilt on the floor? Not a good plan.

Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 10-14-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:58 AM

How about ten minute squares. They are a snap to do.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
The original BQ by Maple Island Quilts is a super fast pattern as long as you don't use directional fabric. My best results have been using only 3 fabrics. I am not a fast cutter or piecer. I can cut the pattern out in 1 day. Sew all the blocks the second day. Sew the blocks together the third. This is one I made for a BIL.
Sewing with Nancy has a video on sewing with Nancy.com on this pattern and it looks very easy. 12.5" large square and strips and depending how you put it together how it looks.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:15 AM

I can only imagine how horrible you both must feel right now. So, so sorry for your quilt mishap. I had a similar thing happen to a super queen size DWR quilt in greens an cream fabrics I had made specially my daughter several years ago, but not with bleach or animals involved.I had prewashed all fabric, before cutting and thought all was well. I made the quilt, quilted and gifted it for Christmas. She too as cats who live indoors and I brought the quilt home to show at our local Fall Fair, but because of fear of cat odor, (I have No animals indoors- my preference) I decided to wash the quilt. When I washed the quilt, one of the greens bled all over. I was devastated and so was she. I was never able to get the excess dye out, no matter what I tried. My suggestion for a quick quilt - is Jenny Doan's (MSQ) Chevron it makes up fast and is really pretty I think, also not lots of small piecing to do. You can find her tutorial on You Tube. Yes I have made this quilt in turquoise and white it turned out beautiful.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:27 AM

I'm in shock that your quilt top would be in a laundry room AND on the floor. Yikes! Did you ask her to launder it before quilting it? I probably would have freaked out because so much goes into piecing and quilt making.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your quilt. How about a Carpenter Star quilt. They go together very quickly and can be made very masculine. Made with large HST's and squares and a couple borders. Good Luck with whatever pattern you choose.