Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bristol Star >

Bristol Star

Bristol Star

Old 01-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Rusty,
I highly recommend Judy's book that I linked to in Amazon. She teaches you how to draft all sorts of MC in it as well as circling geese and expanding checkerboard. I have the book and love it and it is definitely a good resource for those up for a challenge! The book also includes some patterns but I love that it teaches you how to draft your own. And if you have EQ that may help as well. I do hope you come back and show us what you did, as well as posting pictures of some of your other projects. We would love to see them!

Here is a link to a quilt I made using this book. Not near as ambitious as Bristol Stars. My Mariner's Compass "Dan's Tats" won a vendors choice ribbon
Old 01-06-2018, 10:46 AM

That is some pretty quilt. I wish Judy Neimeyer (Quiltworx) made that pattern, because she includes the papers with her patterns. I haven't gotten brave enough to try hand drafting that type of quilt. Now the question is....can I draw one in EQ7 that I could use? Somewhere in my very messy sewing room is the Judy Mathieson book. Maybe I should go find it. "smile"
Old 01-06-2018, 04:33 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Rusty,
I highly recommend Judy's book that I linked to in Amazon. She teaches you how to draft all sorts of MC in it as well as circling geese and expanding checkerboard. I have the book and love it and it is definitely a good resource for those up for a challenge! The book also includes some patterns but I love that it teaches you how to draft your own. And if you have EQ that may help as well. I do hope you come back and show us what you did, as well as posting pictures of some of your other projects. We would love to see them!

Here is a link to a quilt I made using this book. Not near as ambitious as Bristol Stars. My Mariner's Compass "Dan's Tats" won a vendors choice ribbon

Great information! I've gone ahead and ordered this book. Can't wait to see it!

Thanks again, everyone!

Rusty

PS That's a gorgeous quilt and I Love the tiger!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-07-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 01-07-2018, 08:00 AM

I have been drooling over this quilt for some time. If anyone finds a pattern please PM me. I don't have the skills to draft something like this myself. Somewhere in the huge mess that is my sewing roomI think I have Judy's book.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

It is a quilt designed by Jacqueline deJonge. Her website is Jacqueline deJonge BeColorful.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:55 PM

What courage you have to tackle this gorgeous masterpiece. Keep us posted with your progress. Absolutely stunning!
Old 01-07-2018, 02:15 PM

very ambitious quilt. I wish you the best in replicating it.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Well, to update you....I found the book on Amazon and ordered it. It was supposed to have arrived already. Instead the USPS tracking site says it has been delayed. It's been saying that for a couple of days now and I have this sinking feeling that something happened to my book.... Ah, well. It'll get here someday, right?!?

Rusty
Old 01-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

It will get there. I ordered one from Amazon at about the same time and mine was slow to arrive. Finally arrived Jan 16th. I didn't have any delays once it shipped, though.