Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Sewing machines?? How do you like them? >

Brother Sewing machines?? How do you like them?

Brother Sewing machines?? How do you like them?

Old 03-26-2013, 04:40 AM

While I do not have a Brother, I do have a Babylock that I love. Had I had better service at the Brother rep here I probably would have gone that way. But honestly they were a tad rude and did not seem to know anything about the machine I was inquiring about. I do not need to be sat with and hold my hand but ... they should be able to explain the machine to me, and offer to let me test it. I ended up at the shop that sells Babylock and talk about a world of difference. But honestly the best thing you can do is go there and sit down and try them out. Just like some had said before, make a list of your most important things, take along your fabric and what you will be sewing on it. Then you make the decision. Let us know what you decide!! and this post a picture for us !!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:02 AM

have 2 brothers....so dependable....
Old 03-26-2013, 05:23 AM

What is the learning curve for the higher end Brothers?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 AM

Glad for the reviews. I have a Pfaff QE, 11 years old, love her but want a dedicated embroidery machine. My question was answered, yes, I want a quality machine that isn't overpriced and my fave dealer, Ashby, sells Brother too. Feel better about buying a Brother now.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 AM

Just bought a INNOVIS NX 450Q---we are getting acquainted and so far I love it---did not want an embroidery machine but like to play with the stitches---I sew clothing and quilts---so far this has been joy---had a Pfaff that the computer board went out---also have a brother serger and an old 1964 flat bed Brother with cams that still sews The price was good and the dealer is fabuless---The Emporium in Salina Ks---best tech in the state and always helpful
Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 AM

Hav u look at the Janome, I'm lookin to purchase the Janome 1600, they also different types too. Good luk
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 AM

I don't want to sound like a commercial but I have 7 Brother machines & love them all-from low end from a big box store to TOL Quattro & in between, some were inexpensive 2nd hand machines. They are all user friendly, even the TOL. Even my granddaughters (now 8 & 12) love them & have used them without problems for several years. The 8 yr old has proclaimed the 2002D as hers-she loves that machine.The 12 yr old loves the Quattro & does a lot of embroidering on it.
Why so I have so many, beside the fact I'm addicted to sewing machines? My children all live in different parts of the country, so I have to keep a machine at 2 of their homes for when I visit & I like a lightweight machine for travel & classes.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 AM

I have two Brother machines. One has all the bells and whistles and the other is used to take to quilting groups. Love both of them. I found that after doing a lot of research that Brother and Babylock are the most user friendly.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 AM

I have a Brother Innoviss Q1000 and love it!! It has ALL the bells and whistles. I paid 2k for it about 3 years ago. There are several women in my quilt club who have less expensive ones for carring to quilt club and they are all pleased with them. Also if you should have trouble with the Brother dealers service, Babylocks are almost identical and the babylock service person can service them. Hope that helps. A feature I love about this machine is I can design my own stitch(I've done a tea cup) and put it in the memory! also can be used in conjunction with your computer.

Last edited by salederer; 03-26-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 AM

Very fast. the manual is easy to understand. I taught myself to use mine while waiting to use class.