Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bummed about my CL purchase:< >

Bummed about my CL purchase:<

Bummed about my CL purchase:<

Old 07-23-2011, 02:34 PM

I clean my machine thoroughly after each project. I don't tighten the screws so tight that I can't get them out again. Did that one time!! Everytime I change the bobbin, I brush out all the lint. I have four of these machines and I love everyone of them. Wish I had known that you wanted one. I think I saw the ad you bought from, is it a tan machine?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
I clean my machine thoroughly after each project. I don't tighten the screws so tight that I can't get them out again. Did that one time!! Everytime I change the bobbin, I brush out all the lint. I have four of these machines and I love everyone of them. Wish I had known that you wanted one. I think I saw the ad you bought from, is it a tan machine?
Yes, the long bed tan one. Do you use a special screw driver or something?? They're at such a weird angle it's really hard to get them in and out!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:41 PM

I just used a short one on the back screw. Front one was STUCK!! I had to have my brother loosen it up and I make sure to never tighten it that much. Did you get a manual with it?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:46 PM

I just used a short one on the back screw. Front one was STUCK!! I had to have my brother loosen it up and I make sure to never tighten it that much. Did you get a manual with it?
Yes I have the manual. The two screws are the same length on my machine. If I tighten the front one the machine starts to make a noise. So, I have to keep it a few notches looser than the back one. I guess these machines have their quirks.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:48 PM

Yes they do, but I promise you will love it! Do you know how to drop the feed dogs?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM

My front screw was the one that was stuck tight. Just play with it and you will find the happy medium.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:00 PM

Yes they do, but I promise you will love it! Do you know how to drop the feed dogs?
Yes, I read about that in the manual. Does the bobbin case have two parts to it? It looks like it, from what I've seen online.

Also, I read that reproduction cases are problematic? And that it's better to spend more for the original? It's almost like I should find another machine that has the bobbin case and switch between the two, if that's true.
:shock:
Old 07-23-2011, 03:02 PM

I think you should go with an original if possible. Mine all came with the originals, so I don't know about a new one. It is the same bobbin case as the featherweight. If you have of those, you can borrow. And just one piece.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Uses the same bobbins as the featherweight, too. Did it come with a walking foot? Or any other goodies?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:06 PM

I think you should go with an original if possible. Mine all came with the originals, so I don't know about a new one. It is the same bobbin case as the featherweight. If you have of those, you can borrow. And just one piece.
I don't have a featherweight and I don't want one. I really can't see paying $50 for a bobbin when the machine only cost me $75. It looks like I will have to internally rationalize buying a second 301.