Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bummed >

Bummed

Bummed

Old 09-12-2014, 09:49 PM

It's like sending your first born off to camp! It's worse for you than for them! Hope you'll get it back and it will be as good as new! Try not to stress too much!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:26 AM

I have found that when my auto cutter stops working it's because the bobbin area needs cleaned out. Why don't you try giving your bobbin case a good cleaning before spending time and money taking it to the sewing machine doctor?
Good luck.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:58 AM

I don't have one on my machine. Just a cute little pair of scissors that I keep pinned to my chest. Didn't even know they had this feature. I need to get out more.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I know how you feel. I am due to take mine in for annual cleaning/maintenance and am really dreading it!!! I have a trip to Romania coming up in October and think I may wait to take it in until just before I leave, and maybe it will be done when I get back!
How exciting Romania! Our middle daughter & her family live in Bulgaria working with the Roma's.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:51 AM

I would like to know what kind of machine you have. I have a Pfaff 2144 which I bought because it had a thread cutter. It has NEVER worked properly. I am considering buying a new machine for a variety of reasons and this time I am going to buy one with a reliable thread cutter. So I am gathering information please.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:36 PM

I just bought used "back up' machine as well...crazy idea in general, (Where I grew up NO body owned two sewing machines!) but removes the thoughts of "being without". We travel 4 months of every year...and I use this machine for the trip, as my big Bernina is just too big to travel with! No, it doesn't make sense...at least in my world...but yes--it is an awesome thing.