Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BUYER BE WARE! rotary blades stolen out of packages. >

BUYER BE WARE! rotary blades stolen out of packages.

BUYER BE WARE! rotary blades stolen out of packages.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 AM

My daughter and I had a garage sale once and a family came in and stole all the christian books my daughter had for sale. Go figure.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM

How about taking the CD out of the plastic wrapped magazine on the magazine stand
Old 08-23-2010, 12:42 PM

This happened to me and to top it off the person asked me not to add olives next time.
Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
I cannot believe the nerve that some people have!

I once worked with this one girl who use to go eat the lunch of other people right out of the staff fridge! She lived beyond her means and didn't care about anyone but herself!

How can they live with themselves?

3Frog
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by navasota320
My daughter and I had a garage sale once and a family came in and stole all the christian books my daughter had for sale. Go figure.
Let's hope they read them!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I ran errands today and also picked up a new rotary cutter Friskars Comfort grip $15.97 at the local Walmart. Not till I was home did I notice that one edge of the plastic form fitted package (the hinge part) was cut open. I was a little distressed and tried to get the cutter out through just that opening. No problem, I could easily remove the rotary cutter and slip it back in through the opening. I examined it and looked if it had been used. There was no lint or anything on it and it did not show wear. Now the test. I tried to cut some quilting quality fabric. Nothing! It did not cut anything. I pushed and went back and forth. Still no cut fabric at all. It appears to me that some one bought this cutter, took it home, cut the hing part off the plastic mold around the cutter, slipped the cutter out and switched blades, then brought it back to the store. Ugh!!!!! Lets hope it is not a quilter. I thought as a whole we were pretty nice and decent people. I also think this person has been doing it more often because I was trying to buy a rotary cutter months ago at another Walmart close to my home but there was but one cutter and I noticed it was open in the same area. I did not buy it and left it. Sick! Just be on the look out quilters and check before you buy.
I would take it back to store & tell them you are a good customer & what has happen. They should give you another one. Bought the kids a DVD one night & took it home & opened the case after I got all that tape stuff. No DVD. Someone had slipped open the bottom tape & stole it. They gave me another one but was a pain to have to go back that same night. DGK's were having a fit to see that movie. :thumbdown:
Old 08-23-2010, 01:29 PM

I once worked with this one girl who use to go eat the lunch of other people right out of the staff fridge! She lived beyond her means and didn't care about anyone but herself!

3Frog
Somebody should have set her up with some good old habenero or scotch bonnets peppers. They will burn the hair off your toes.
It may come down to like Office Depot does. You take the paper tag to check out & they get the product out of the lock up for you.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:43 PM

Our Harbor Freight is out of town, so I made a trip to check out the carpet blades. They were all gone, but they had two cutters. One of the cutters had the spare blade missing. Someone slipped it out of the package. Good grief. Sad. I want to be honest with my dealings with my fellow man and want to be treated the same way.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Earleen
This happened to me and to top it off the person asked me not to add olives next time.

3Frog

Or a hefty dose of laxative!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 PM

My daughter bought an expensive Rowenta iron at Target and when she opened it at home, there was a cheap Black and Decker in the box. She did get an exchange.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM

I once worked for K Mart and while they were training me, they showed me all the things you have to check beause people try to take things free. like putting ladies panties inside a thurmos bottle, or hiding things in the folds of blankets that are in zippered plastic bags. I would never have thought of things like this. I guess I don't have a criminal mindset. glad I don't but a guy can get robbed blind if they don't check everything.