Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buying fabric online

I've ordered from several, but Connecting Threads is my favorite, I've never been disappointed by them!

Whittles is my favorite you can't beat the prices. Not free shipping but the prices more than make up for it.
    http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/ They are having a fall sale right now.Some fabric as low as $2.50 a yard.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I donated that to a silent auction and the picture is the only thing I have left. I made it from a book called Moon Dance by Cary Flanagan. I purchased the book from The Cotton Club. It's really good for panels and large print fabrics. That particular quilt was only 18" square.

Quote Originally Posted by plainpat
    I'm liking your avatar & would like to see more pics Very pretty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluphrog
    Missouri Star Quilt Company offers $5 shipping on orders up to $99, then free shipping for orders $100 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by deema
    Connecting Threads offers free shipping (in the US) for orders over $50 (at least, the do right now). I'm in Canada, so no free shipping for me :( But I just received my first order from them today and am very pleased with the fabric quality and will definitely order from them again. Even paying shipping, it's cheaper for me to order from them than to shop locally for the quality of fabric (which is kind of sad).
    I think their fabric is quite thin compared to my local quilt shop. It's ok for charity quilts but I don't like it for something really special that you want tighter thread count on.

Fabric.com and Fabric Depot have both been good for me. Also, Connecting Threads has some nice inexpensive fabrics and they are pretty reliable.

I have ordered from www.ethelbird.com and love there fabric. It is good quality and I have spoke to the owner on the phone. Also Eleanor Burns website, www.quiltinaday.com has lots of fabric (quality) at excellent prices. those are the two I am familiar with.

community benefactor Parrothead's Avatar
    I have ordered twice from Over the Rainbow fabric. They carry quality fabric and are very prompt. Plus they do a "generous" cut, 1-4 more inches. I am very pleased with them. They also have the fusible fleece in a wide width by the yard. You can do a bow tuck with just 1 yard.

I noticed that on Fabric.com, if you put some fabrics on the design board and you don't order, they will come back with a coupon for you, along with the free shipping on $35 purchase!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fabric.com used to offers free shipping if your order is over $35

Blog Entries
    I've had good luck with Etsy.com (look under "supplies"). If you do your homework by going to the fabric maker websites you'll know what's new and "hot". Check too on what's happening on eBay for comparison. Older designs should carry closeout prices. With a bit of research you can get some really good deals there (low overhead). I've found some very good prices on great fabrics as well as fair shipping costs and quick service. Another "boon" is I've found that final one-yard-cut I need for fabric I've had around for a while.

I love Connecting Threads. I just received several yards of batik fabric - and I really like it.

I buy most of my fabric on line. Have always been pleased with Connecting Threads. If you want to see what all the designers and Moda are offering, I like Quilthome.com. They also do free shipping with $50 order and ship priority mail. Get on their mailing list and get coupons every week. It's a great place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluphrog
    Missouri Star Quilt Company offers $5 shipping on orders up to $99, then free shipping for orders $100 or more.
    My first order from them was missing one fabric and short 1/2 yrd on another. I called them and they rectified the error and shipped with no charge. And the fabric was marvelous. Very happy with them.

I'm a fan of FabricDepot.com. Quick, reliable, good customer service and good sales. Also equilter.com, which has a great search function.

I have purchased WAY TOO MUCH fabric on EBay and have had very good luck. I love Connecting Threads and I have had great success with Fabric Depot. They have great sales and quality fabrics for as low as $4.00 per yard.Fabric Depot's wide backings are rather inexpensive and very nice. Has anyone tried Thousands of Bolts?

I've ordered fabric from http://www.quiltshops.com a couple of times. I live in a small town with no quilt shops within 50 miles and so have ordered on line. I stumbled on this site when I was looking for fabric in the same print I already had but a different colorways. I like this site because I can search for fabric by color, subject, designer, etc. and it's easy to compare prices between quilt shops for the same item.

I've ordered from almost everyone online. Blue Bamboo has good stuff, Keepsake Quilting has been good. I buy mostly at eQuilter.com They are fast, the quality excellent, and they have almost everything. They are having a fabulous sale from now until Friday or Sat. I think. I've never had any problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    If you are into Batiks or Asian prints, Seawatch Fabrics is a great place to shop. Free shipping over $30 everyday, shipping is priority and is quick. They also have some fabrics printed specially for them, so you can't find them anywhere else. I'm always pleased with my orders!

If you sign up for the shop hop emails, you will get ads from places that occasionally offer free shipping.
    Thanks for sharing!! I've been looking for a place that has a good selection of Asian prints! These ones look a lot like kimono style fabric prints. :)

My favorites are Missouri Star Quilts, Fabric.com, Hancocks and Connecting Threass, The first two ship very quickly, the second two a little slower but still timely.

I love to buy online that saves shipping and sometimes sales tax. It comes right to my door and I am ready to sew. I still like to go to quilt stores to feel and touch the fabric especially if I need a special match to what I already have or want to make.It just expands the availability of what fabric choices you have. You can always find what you are looking for. My problem is that I find a fabric that I like and I overorder it because I don't know what I will be making out of it. I have a huge stash. I know that in the future I will need to make some scrap quilts to use up leftover fabrics.

Dee
    Connecting Threads and Fabric.com

Thousands of Bolts is good-doesn't do free shipping, but great prices and good service. Pretty prompt, too-I've bought lots there.

Fabric.com, Whittle's, Fabric Shack & Eleanor Burns also have great prices.

Cotton Loft had a great sale-nice stuff for $2.75, but due to the volume, shipping was slow. But the website did say due to the sales volume, expect to take some time. At those prices, it was worth the wait.

And all the fabric has been name brand, good quality stuff so it's well worth it.

Blog Entries
    I'm a very happy customer at Thousands of Bolts.Love the color matching search function & every fabric tells you how many yds are in stock.The fabric is top rate & their CS & shipping is great
    Quote Originally Posted by dphelps
    I have purchased WAY TOO MUCH fabric on EBay and have had very good luck. I love Connecting Threads and I have had great success with Fabric Depot. They have great sales and quality fabrics for as low as $4.00 per yard.Fabric Depot's wide backings are rather inexpensive and very nice. Has anyone tried Thousands of Bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by deema
    Connecting Threads offers free shipping (in the US) for orders over $50 (at least, the do right now). I'm in Canada, so no free shipping for me :( But I just received my first order from them today and am very pleased with the fabric quality and will definitely order from them again. Even paying shipping, it's cheaper for me to order from them than to shop locally for the quality of fabric (which is kind of sad).
    I am in SA and have bought 3 times from Hancocks. There service is wonderful and i have been very happy with the materials i have received. The do specify free shipping for overseas which has saved me R350 and that has bought me another 10 fat quaters. So well worth it for me.

Thanks for new places to check out on the web. I have used Connecting Threads and Keepsake quilting. Both have been fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast