Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buying Quilting Fabric Online

I have just started buying online. The two places I bought from are Craft Connection and The Quilting Place. I found both to be reasonable AND they sent out my fabric BEFORE my money orders even got there. I will certainly buy from them again.

Blog Entries
    there are so many great shops out there to explore, if you join the "fab shop hop" you will be able to check out 180 different on line shops which offer all different items, patterns, fabrics in every price range.
    the online place i purchase most often from is
    : Fabric. com located in marietta, georgia
    . i have been buying fabric from them for more than 15 years have always had great customer service they have regular great sales and sell all kinds of fabrics.
    the shop-hop is going on now, the month of july, they do it about 4 times a year,, it is free to join, you sign up, get the list of shops and start surfing the shops looking for a bunny...register your finds and are in the drawings for free gifts and gift certificates to the shops who participate. you can spend as little or as much time as you want at the shops, it is fun to see what is being offered in different parts of the country and it doesn't cost anything but a little of your time.
    explore ladies 8)

I order from several different sites, but I like The Cotton Club best. If you're looking for Western themed fabric, try Stitchin Heaven, and if you like to buy fat quarters, go to Sweet Treats. They have individual fqs, but also sets of 8 fqs and lots of patterns for fq quilts. For Asian fabrics, I go to Sea Watch Fabrics and Shibori Dragon.

Also, I order from my local quilt shop online and then pick it up, so no shipping costs. This is great, because I can't get to them during the week, but know that on Saturday morning, I can walk in, pick up my order, and walk right back out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthiesRetreat3
    I have purchased fromKeepsake Quilting also. My favorite place for price and quality together is an ebay store thebricksewingroom. All their pictures have a penny placed on them so you can see the scale of the print, they have coordinated print groupings, they answer email questions promptly, they ship up to (I think) 27 yards of fabric for the same price as less than that. I have purchased well over a hundred yards from them over the years and have NEVER been disappointed.
    my favorite ebay fabric store is http://stores.shop.ebay.com/CROWSNES...1QQ_fsubZQ2d33

i've been trying to find thebricksewingroom but am having no luck. :?

Right now is the big sale of the year at El Burns birthday sale and its a good one.
    I just spent 150 dollars and only bought the 3.75 a yd quality yardage.
    Quilt in a Day is the website.

Here's another thread that might have some different shops. I've had wonderful luck with almost every online shop I've used. And I've used a lot! LOL!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/4728.page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthiesRetreat3
    I have purchased fromKeepsake Quilting also. My favorite place for price and quality together is an ebay store thebricksewingroom. All their pictures have a penny placed on them so you can see the scale of the print, they have coordinated print groupings, they answer email questions promptly, they ship up to (I think) 27 yards of fabric for the same price as less than that. I have purchased well over a hundred yards from them over the years and have NEVER been disappointed.
    my favorite ebay fabric store is http://stores.shop.ebay.com/CROWSNESTQUILTINGFABRICS__W0QQLHQ5fBINZ1QQ_armrsZ1 QQ_fsubZQ2d33

i've been trying to find thebricksewingroom but am having no luck. :?
    Here you go:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/The-Bric...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Banned
    the brick ebay store is very expensive. the prices for batiks are what you would pay retail any where.

In my email this evening is a sale notice from the Hancocks of Paducah site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    the brick ebay store is very expensive. the prices for batiks are what you would pay retail any where.

I just got some batiks for $4.99/yd thru Marshall Dry Goods. They don't have a lot of variety, but I found what I wanted. The shipping is a bit high, but still a bargain compared to $10/yd.

I love" The Virginia quilter" It has not been mentioned, So thought I would add it. Very nice fabric.

You have got to check out Quilt in a Day and the big sale going on NOW.
    Dont miss it.

Blog Entries
    I have ordered from many online quilt sites, too many to remember and I do remember that I have not had one bad experience with any of them. Some are slower shipping then others but that's the only difference I've found.

I had a squishy package waiting for me on my door step when I got home from work today. It was from Hancock's of Puducah. I found several pieces during their stash building sale. They do have good sales. Watch the prices though, they are for 1/2 yard. I have never been disapointed with the quality and they have sales all the time.

Linda

I have purchased twice from Fabric Cafe', that had a sale going, quality fabric, and what I purchased was I think $2.00 a yard. The yards are 37", the fabric had very little if any shrinkage and washed and dryed beautifully, I didn't even have to press it after drying before storing it away.

I've bought from fabric.com. take advantage of their free shipping, if you buy over 30.00. Also if you are a first time buyer, you can get free shipping. Their yards are 37 inches. They also have good sales.

Take look at whittlesfabrics.com, great prices. I have ordered from them several times and the fabrics are top quality. Also Big Horn Quilts.

I routinely buy from www.fabric.com and from www.equilter.com. Both have been great for quality and service.

I have bought from several online stores. My favorite is Fatquartershop.com. Fast delivery, and some really good sales. I love checking out the website at least twice a week cuz there's always something new.

I like the Virginia Quilter too, especially their fat quarter packs.

http.www.cottonpatchfabrics.com is a great site. She is located in E. Tawas, MI, near me, and does a huge on line business. Check out her web site.

I buy from fabrics.com all the time. Great prices, quick delivery, name brand fabrics. There is a special bargain every day.

I have had great luck with craftconn.com and havasuquilts.com. I've also heard that equilts.com is great.

Chris
    aka busiacam

my favorite is whittles their shipping cost is low and their quality is high and their service was fast. but all the others mentioned here are good too

Blog Entries
    Fabric.com has GREAT prices, and really a very large selection. I just ordered Bella Blue by Timeless Treasures for $3.99 a yard. The rest of that line that I've purchased was close to $9.00 per yard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast