Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Juki Walking Foot Users -- Seam Guide Help Please? >

Calling all Juki Walking Foot Users -- Seam Guide Help Please?

Calling all Juki Walking Foot Users -- Seam Guide Help Please?

Old 10-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

I am dithering between a Juki and the Brother. One of the Jukis has speed control. The Brother does not. But the Brother has the pin feed and the right type of walking foot. What a dilemma. I'm glad for this conversation because it will give me more to think about.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:51 AM

Thank you, Mitch's Mom -- I'll look into that!

Stitchnripper, for what its worth, my Juki TL2000 doesn't have a speed regulator. Even though I'm new to sewing and quilting, I don't feel like I need that because the machine and foot pedal are very precise and responsive.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:19 AM

Stitchnripper - have you sewn on either? DH and I went to a shop where they had them set up side by side. First I sewed on the Juki and he on the Brother. Then we traded places and I sewed on the Brother and DH sewed on the Juki.

After trying both, the decisions was really easy for us to make.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:44 AM

Look what I just found: http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/qua...83250c0a0.aspx Just purchased one for my Juki 2000.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:00 PM

I saw that Gigi. Didn't look like it would work for quilting with a walking foot. Did you buy it for that purpose?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Stitchnripper - have you sewn on either? DH and I went to a shop where they had them set up side by side. First I sewed on the Juki and he on the Brother. Then we traded places and I sewed on the Brother and DH sewed on the Juki.

After trying both, the decisions was really easy for us to make.
Not yet. First I'm going to see if I can get my new to me 201 to do FMQ and my 301 is in the shop having the timing set exactly, and now it has a whine in the motor area. when the 301 behaves it is great at FMQ but is not reliable with the skipped stitches now and then. If those two don't work out, I'm going to test drive both of them. I really want something that I can learn to use and not wonder if it will work.

Which Juki did you end up getting?
Old 10-06-2016, 05:58 AM

I bought the 1/4" foot for piecing and I also bought the one Mitch's Mom posted for quilting since I'm the Queen of Straight Stitching Quilting, lol.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Two things come to mind:

1. Allbrands.com has excellent customer service. You can call them, tell them what you want and what machine you want it for, and they will send you a compatible part.

2. From another current thread on this board - get a laser line level and attach it to your machine as a seam guide.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t282749.html
Old 10-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

I'm pretty good at eyeballing it, or following some lines in the pattern, but when that won't do I mark with white tailor's chalk. That stuff is so handy.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:40 AM

What a great group! Thanks again for all your help!

Gigi, I hope you’ll tell us how you like your Brother seam guide thing for your Juki. FWIW, I called SewingPartsOnline and was told that that guide wasn’t compatible with my machine – really hope they are wrong about that!

Peckish, I will call Allbrands. Thanks for that suggestion.

Sewbizgirl, I’m afraid that neither of those solutions will work for me. This quilt is too big to use tailors chalk – at least for me, it’s just too tedious to mark out all those lines, especially when they rub off and get blurry fairly easily, and I’m definitely no good at eyeballing! I just feel like I need a seam guide.

Thanks very much!

Judy