Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Mystery quilters... >

Calling all Mystery quilters...

Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by seweasy
Hi! I wanted a new wallhanging for my kitchen. I love roosters so you can imagine what I wanted for my focus fabric. I had been given several yds of a panel fabric that had roosters printed on the panels, for each panel section there were two roosters. The roosters are each slightly different but use the same colors in each. In the picture is just one of the roosters. I still need to find two "barn red" fabrics but the rest came from my stash. The colors in my kitchen are a med sage green, barn red and white so these are perfect colors to with the kitchen colors.
I will be cutting each rooster block down some, the outside edge of the blue border is 12-1/2" so I can trim down to whatever size the they need to be. Take care, Chris

Oh Chris!! That is adorable!! I can't wait to see it done!! :) Yeah the barnyard red will just put some pizzaz !HUGS

Missy
Old 12-13-2010, 02:42 PM

Here's my focus fabric. My plan is to fussycut 12" vignettes of my favorite fishies.

Since my stash is quite limited, I get to go shopping for most of the other fabrics.

Sue

FaerieStones Focus Fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142910[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142905.jpe  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:56 PM

beautiful
Originally Posted by dutchie
Here's my focus fabric. My plan is to fussycut 12" vignettes of my favorite fishies.

Since my stash is quite limited, I get to go shopping for most of the other fabrics.

Sue
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Sue
Make sure it's 12 1/2 " fussycut Sue!! it'll be 12" finished though.. don't forget the seam allowance.

Missy
Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM

Hi! Sue, I love the fish fabric. Chris
Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Thanks for the reminder! I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached some days (like today.)

Here are the other two that I will work in, then solids and tonals for everything else.

Sue (new mantra ... 12 1/2"... 12 1/2" ... 12 1/2" ... 12 1/2")
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142931.jpe   attachment-142932.jpe  
Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 PM

Chris, I love your focus fabric.
Sue, your fabric makes me want to go snorkeling, love it.

Here is a photo of what I am going to use for my focus print, it is rather a busy scene, I will fussy cut certain scenes. I am planning on using red as my main, then some greens, purples, golden yellow and browns for the rest. Many of them are batiks, yes, I am planning a wild quilt, lol. When I saw this fabric, I just had to have it and bought what was left on the blot, and been thinking and thinking about what to do with it, then Missy said "Mystery with 12.5'' blocks" and I thought I just have to use this baby.

As I gather the rest of my fabrics(have to get more yardage for some as I am planning on making the full size), I will post another photo of the whole set.

Missy, as per the other comment, I'll gladly be your helper if you let me into your secret :lol: :mrgreen: :XD:
Nah, I want to solve the mystery ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142965.jpe  
Old 12-13-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Chris, I love your focus fabric.
Sue, your fabric makes me want to go snorkeling, love it.

Here is a photo of what I am going to use for my focus print, it is rather a busy scene, I will fussy cut certain scenes. I am planning on using red as my main, then some greens, purples, golden yellow and browns for the rest. Many of them are batiks, yes, I am planning a wild quilt, lol. When I saw this fabric, I just had to have it and bought what was left on the blot, and been thinking and thinking about what to do with it, then Missy said "Mystery with 12.5'' blocks" and I thought I just have to use this baby.

As I gather the rest of my fabrics(have to get more yardage for some as I am planning on making the full size), I will post another photo of the whole set.

Missy, as per the other comment, I'll gladly be your helper if you let me into your secret :lol: :mrgreen: :XD:
Nah, I want to solve the mystery ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
Heehee Candi! No can do m'friend.. This one will unravel...slowly and wonderfully. I do love your focus though! Awesome choices everyone!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:30 PM

I'm interested and sent you a PM. Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the reminder! I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached some days (like today.)

Here are the other two that I will work in, then solids and tonals for everything else.

Sue (new mantra ... 12 1/2"... 12 1/2" ... 12 1/2" ... 12 1/2")
Just for the focus.. ROFLOL.. HUGS.. the other picks look pretty!
Missy