Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Calling all Mystery quilters... >
  • Calling all Mystery quilters...

• Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-14-2010, 02:41 PM

the full size quilt will be a total of 6 - 12" blocks across and 6 - 12" blocks down for a total measurements of 80" X 80" after the borders are added. there haven't been any clues for cuts given yet other than the finished block sizes and that the focus fabric will be 12.5 X 12.5 unfinished blocks. She did say that she would start towards the end of the month? with the cutting clues but for now we're just supposed to gather our fabrics and get them ready for cutting (shopped for, washed, ironed, etc.. )
    Originally Posted by candi
    Missy,
    Question about the cutting directions ( posted on the 3rd page here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm), am I cutting 140 pieces each for the full size of the background and 140 pieces each for color 1? I am thinking so but want to make sure.(first step)

Thanks for posting them, alas, I doubt I'll have much time before Christmas to get much cutting done..so I just need to get past those ants in my pants, LOL :lol: :mrgreen:
    Old 12-14-2010, 02:44 PM

Short and Sweet,
    Check the the thread under tutorials, Missy did post cutting instructions on the third page.
    :-D

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    the full size quilt will be a total of 6 - 12" blocks across and 6 - 12" blocks down for a total measurements of 80" X 80" after the borders are added. there haven't been any clues for cuts given yet other than the finished block sizes and that the focus fabric will be 12.5 X 12.5 unfinished blocks. She did say that she would start towards the end of the month? with the cutting clues but for now we're just supposed to gather ouir fabrics and get them ready for cutting (shopped for, washed, ironed, etc.. )
    Missy,
    Question about the cutting directions ( posted on the 3rd page here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm), am I cutting 140 pieces each for the full size of the background and 140 pieces each for color 1? I am thinking so but want to make sure.(first step)

Thanks for posting them, alas, I doubt I'll have much time before Christmas to get much cutting done..so I just need to get past those ants in my pants, LOL :lol: :mrgreen:
    Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 PM

sorry? I only get an error page?
    Short and Sweet,
    Check the the thread under tutorials, Missy did post cutting instructions on the third page.

the full size quilt will be a total of 6 - 12" blocks across and 6 - 12" blocks down for a total measurements of 80" X 80" after the borders are added. there haven't been any clues for cuts given yet other than the finished block sizes and that the focus fabric will be 12.5 X 12.5 unfinished blocks. She did say that she would start towards the end of the month? with the cutting clues but for now we're just supposed to gather ouir fabrics and get them ready for cutting (shopped for, washed, ironed, etc.. )
    Missy,

Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 PM

Oh silly me, here is the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm
    third page towards the bottom has cutting directions.

sorry? I only get an error page?
    Short and Sweet,

Missy,

Old 12-14-2010, 02:51 PM

Thank you Candi, I never saw that post I guess my "watch" button isn't working, printing it out now
    Short and Sweet,

Missy,

Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM

I sent a PM I also want to play...... this is my lst mystery quilt and am really looking forward to it.

Thanks
    Old 12-14-2010, 03:25 PM

You are a EVIL WICKED MONKEY WOMAN, Missy! You posted the cutting guide when I'm supposed to be working on my orders! Now I'll have to arm wrestle myself into staying at the computer and filling my orders; NOT drifting over to my sewing area. It's all your fault!! LOL!!

Sheesh, some people's children ...

:Hug:

Sue
    Old 12-14-2010, 03:38 PM

[quote=Short an Sweet]sorry? I only get an error page?
    [quote=candi]Short and Sweet,

the full size quilt will be a total of 6 - 12" blocks across and 6 - 12" blocks down for a total measurements of 80" X 80" after the borders are added. there haven't been any clues for cuts given yet other than the finished block sizes and that the focus fabric will be 12.5 X 12.5 unfinished blocks. She did say that she would start towards the end of the month? with the cutting clues but for now we're just supposed to gather ouir
    fabrics and get them ready for cutting (shopped for, washed, ironed, etc.. )
    Missy,
    YIKES!! GOOD CATCH!!! It's only the background!!! I'll fixit right now!! THANK YOU!!! Are you sure you aren't looking at my quilt!? :)
    [/quo
    Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Missy Are you planning on creating another thread when you start? The thread that you started with already has a ton of postings. Maybe if you started a new thread and put the fab requirements and then cutting directions with a great big
    DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS THREAD, it would keep the comments down. Then start another thread strictly for questions, comments and show and tell. You could put the link to that thread on the direction page itself. Just a thought to make things easier. I can't wait :)
    Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM

Missy, I couldn't possibly be looking at your quilt, I am no where near California :!: :mrgreen:

Did everyone see the revised cutting directions on page 4 here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-4.htm

Missy, perhaps you can ask Patrice to delete the old file for you so one would get confused

:XD: