Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can anyone tell me WHERE I put my refill package of rotary blades?  Grrrrrrr >

Can anyone tell me WHERE I put my refill package of rotary blades? Grrrrrrr

Can anyone tell me WHERE I put my refill package of rotary blades? Grrrrrrr

Old 11-30-2011, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

Have you checked the store bag where you bought them?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:47 AM

Wish I knew....but it's a cinch that if you go buy more they will turn up. I lost a pattern and can't find it. It's packaged in a plastic sleeve and I have been thru fabric and containers and the shelves and my remnant boxes and everything I can think of. I did call a friend that had the same pattern and asked her if she could send me a copy of hers....but I'd like to find my original. I know that the sewing room gremlins have put it somewhere, but where?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 AM

Well friends...still no sign of the blades so off to Joann's in a bit. I loved reading what all is missing from your houses too...so it isn't just here. lol

So...I have 2 rotary cutters. The new Fiskars that I had bought along with the package of blades. Then an old one that I had bought almost 12 years ago and didn't buy replacement blades and now they don't sell that cutter anymore. Anyway....it had been used and then wasn't cutting well so that's when I had to buy the new one. Well...something very strange happened. I decided to give the old one a try and OMG...it did cut. Not perfect...had to go over some cuts a couple of times as it would "skip" a small section. But at least everything but the "wedges" that need to be cut are done. I am hoping Joann's has a wedge template because I traced the pattern on tissue and then onto that acetate/plastic and screwed up the first one when cutting. Cutter was going along nicely and then decided to turn left and cut through the plastic. So...if they don't have the wedge I'll have to find something that is not as thin as the plastic to use for the pattern.

I know it would be in the store bag...I bought the blades months ago and DO remember seeing them on the end of the dining room table along with my marking pencils and scissors. Oh...and no one helped me clear my sewing stuff. It's just me and hubby and he was working outside when I cleaned the area. Because when he came in for a break he looked in the dining room right away and he said...now that looks better. lol
Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 AM

I did the exact same thing. I had put the bag on my bed, which is next to the wall. I finally went to the store and bought more. Of course I found it right away, then, having fallen between the bed and the wall.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by ruthrings View Post
I did the exact same thing. I had put the bag on my bed, which is next to the wall. I finally went to the store and bought more. Of course I found it right away, then, having fallen between the bed and the wall.
The best way to find any lost item - buy a replacement - it'll immediately turn up again!