Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me WHERE I put my refill package of rotary blades? Grrrrrrr

Can anyone tell me WHERE I put my refill package of rotary blades? Grrrrrrr

Wouldn't you know it. It's raining today so I decided to start cutting out everything for my Christmas table topper. I use my dining room table to cut and had to put everything away in a plastic tote since we had our family here for Thanksgiving dinner. I have been through this tote 3 times, found both of my rotary cutters, my marking pens, scissors and everything else that I put in it last week...EXCEPT MY NEW BLADES. And I definitely need to replace the one that I've been using.

Now I can spend the day searching for them when I planned to be cutting. I'm sure I will find it where I put it...LOL.

Blog Entries
    Boooo! Sit down, have a cup of coffee and maybe it will come to you
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    My advice: (1) Ask the cat. Don't believe cat when he says he has no knowledge of the refills. (2) Ask the dog. Don't be swayed by dog's sad, repentant look. (3) Make a quick run to the store and buy more refills -- that's the only sure way to find your missing rotary blades.

Can you tell I'm no good at finding ANYTHING?

When I can't find something I always say this prayer to St. Anthony and he finds it for me. It never fails.
    A......is lost, it needs to be found, please Saint Anthony look around.

Good luck and God bless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Boooo! Sit down, have a cup of coffee and maybe it will come to you
    And then shake out all the fabric thats where I found mine the last time

I agree a good shake of all the fabric may find them.
    Januari Rhodes
    26" Innova, LS, Pantovision, all on a 14' Frame

They are probably with the package of buttons I bought for a Merry Christmas banner that I have searched the house high and low and just can't find them. I feel your pain.
    Do what you love, love what you do!

I hate to say this but, "THANK GOODNESS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE" - I thought this only happened to me. I'm sorry it happened to you, but it is reassuring. The best part is, when you least expect it you'll find them and then have them for next time.

I love the idea of asking the cat - please tell us if he had an answer. My cat would yawn, roll over and snooze some more!
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

I feel for you. I have done this more times then I can count.

Probably right with my three seam rippers!! You know - I do believe they have a mind of their own and feet!!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Your replies have made be laugh. Thanks. I have been through the tote 5 more times...checked every bag and package and all of the books and magazines. Found the tote in the closet where I put the pieces to my Christmas wallhanging that I decided to NOT finish this year since it's been a pain. Checked every drawer and "spot" in the dining room.

I don't have a cat but do have 2 dogs. Neither one will talk...the shy one put her tail between her legs and ran to hide though...hmmmmm. The energetic one probably knows and thinks it's funny that mommy keeps running downstairs and then back upstairs to check.

I'll start shaking out all of the fabrics just in case. I've prayed...but not St. Anthony's prayer yet. If worse comes to worse I'll attempt to cut some fabric with the old blade...maybe for some strange reason it will cut nicely. And then tomorrow I will be at Joann's when they open at 10:00. It's about 10 miles one way for me and the rain is coming down in buckets. Supposed to be nice tomorrow...I'm a fair weather shopper.

Hope everyone else finds their "lost" items.

I was so made I could have cried...so again...thanks for all of the laughs.

I think it may be with the rotary cutter I misplaced 15 years ago in my sewing room , and have never found! But I keep thinking ...maybe it will show up!

If you have to use the old blade, take it apart and clean all the lint from between the blade and the holder. I've found that that gives it a few more miles in a pinch. I hope you find the new blades and they didn't get thrown out in the cleaning frenzy that happens before company comes.
    Sue

or it might be in the laundry room with the missing socks ...
    Liz / Calgary

Most likely ... it will be in the last place you look!

mim
    I know exactly where they are !!!! In the safe place where all good things are !!! My older son was (is) a dowser and I used to depend on his ability to find my lost scissors. I doubt that he has done any for years. He made good money when he was at Cornell dowsing for broken pipes for plumbers. Now they have electronics to do that.

I think they ran away with mine...I've never been so befuddled over so much for so little in my life! And by GEorge, it seems to get worse!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Under a piece of fabric.

I always find... the best way to find something lost is to go and buy it again...then the first lot shows up...lol
    Blessings from Janice

I would shake out everything in that box and see if they fall out. Then if they still are gone see if you might have a good memory and retrace your steps. I have found that when I decide to move everything to a better spot I can't find it and search and end up going to the store and at some point I stumble on them. Hope you find them it sure is irritating when your set to do something and can't find what you what can you tell I've also been there. Don't stress it's not worth it makes it harder to find I think. Good Luck. Sue

Look in the socks, I am missing ...one...
    Jo

Isn't that irritating? I couldn't find a scale I had put away so the kids couldn't get it. Looked all over several times and days, finally dh found it in a place I already looked just further over. duh. Sure glad it is found tho!
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    I spent 4 months looking for mine - found them in the silverware organizer that I use to keep things from going missing!?
    Cherylsea

When you find them let me know where! I can't find the double sided carpet tape, I need it to tape my new mat on my alto's quilt cutter!
    Maybe it's Santa's little helpers running out of supplies and borrowing ours? lol
    Country 1

Quote Originally Posted by jollyquilting View Post
    Look in the socks, I am missing ...one...
    Only one? Lucky you! LOL
    Country 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast