Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I borrow a cup of patience please? >

Can I borrow a cup of patience please?

Can I borrow a cup of patience please?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM

My pinwheel quilt is put together, now I just have the quilting to do..I spent day looks for ideas for FMQ, because I want this one to be a bit more special...But I haven't been sleeping...the youngest of my 4 kids has been sick for a few days now ( chronic ear infections ) and he wont sleep at night, which means I am not sleeping, which means I am cranky..and FMQ takes way to long to do on my little Babylock! So need to borrow some patience, so I can actualy sit down, and do my quilting while the baby is napping....Please :) I swear I always return my patience to everyone I meet :-D
Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Here you go! Breathe, relax and show us pictures when you are done!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25402.jpe  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Banned

If you have any leftover, would you share with me?? I totally get the sick kid thing ~ had one ALL week last week :) It does get better, I promise :)
Old 03-01-2010, 10:03 AM

Ummm That looks Good! :) Yum..Thanks :)
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 AM

Babies just dont get we are tired too.. its a mom thing. Inhale, exhale.. and pray you can make it just one more day. Skip the quilting. It will wait trust me. It is one of the best balms yet when I find myself over done or under staffed inside I have to walk away or I end up with a tangled up mess. My baby is 18. I recall thinking I was going to be SO GOOD at this.. then the years where you wanted to cry it was so darned hard.. you are with company. And remember.. one day they will have children of their own and then and only then will they look at you in AWE and think OMG she did this? not just for me? but for ALL OF US? I had a son tell me when he was just under 19, in his new place all hooked up as the kids say.. he calls and says" Mom I never KNEW what you did for me all those years .. you are amazing. " This was simply due to having to clean his own messes. Grin.. your own that are tiring you out.. only want a shoulder to wipe their goobers on, someone who gets yeah I know how you feel and can forget they feel pretty darned cruddy too. Your doing amazing. Hugs hugs and if I was there I would share a pair of arms to hug those babies too.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 AM

It seems like there is always something going on with one of them... I had to cancel my daughters Physical Therapy today so I can bring the baby to the doctors..Motrin, and Benadryl together isn't even helping, so he needs antibiotics, and then those will make him sick lol..Oh well..maybe I don't need to quilt, and I just need a nap instead.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Have you got a warm pack? say a rice pack you can microwave? not hot just warm.. warmth helps those horrible ear aches. My middle one had them all the time and that was his only salvation. Besides me of course.. rice in a sock, microwaved at a modest amount of time say 2 minutes or less? not hot enough to burn you hot enough to provide relief. anyone who has had an ear issue knows its not good at all. Cranky is ok in those situations. I hope your doc gave you the numbing drops for the ears..those help a ton too.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM

Haven't gone to the doc's yet, not till tonight..he wont let me put them on him...He's approaching his terrible 2's so were not even "allowed" to put ice on boo boo's although snow is okay lol
There is a doctor down at the Childrens Hospital my 7 yr old went to when she had a stroke, who is supose to do wonders..apparently the kids don't get ear infections anymore, I need to get a referal and see him...every few months he has an infection..and I have so much scaring in my ears I only have 40-55 hearing in each ear..and my mom's are worse..so it is genetic..
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 AM

Awe thanks Elisabrat! :) There is never an easy day around here, and I know some day my kids will look back and say wow mom! How did you do it? But not for a few more years..
I should have fallen to pieces by now..but it's amazing how much stregth, we have, and just how much we have to give! <sigh> I need a mommy's day out lol
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 AM

Jamie,
I'll say a little prayer for your son today. I hope he feels better soon - when you get a chance do go take a nap. The quilt will be there when he is better. He'll grow up fast enough and then you'll have plenty of time for quilting. Hugs...