Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
can i do bonnie hunters celtic solstice???? >

can i do bonnie hunters celtic solstice????

can i do bonnie hunters celtic solstice????

Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 AM

Mine is almost done. Just need to add the borders. I started when the mystery came out. Words of advice. Dont' get in a hurry, it is not a race. and make sure your piecing come out the right size. Each partial block is 3 1/2" unfinished ans sets together as a 9 1/2" block unfinished. It is the most complicated quilt I have done, but I am a beginner, just started about 6 months ago. You can also check out the Celtic Solstice facebook group which was started back in January.

You CAN do it!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by VivianW View Post
I would love to try this. I saw the finished one and think it is awesome. I'm doing the Super Bowl mystery and have everything cut waiting. Did she post fabric requirements on this board or do I need to go to her site?
You have to go to quiltville.com and get Bonnie's instructions. She did post instructions including approximate yardage/scraps . After you get on her site look for the heading Celtic Solstice. She has listed every bit of information you need to make the quilt.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=M.Elizabeth;6537848]
Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
I used up every last sheet of my printer paper, even printing on the back of each page to get this printed off last nite. thx ladies. QUOTE]

I find the easiest way to save patterns is to have a file called "quilts" and sub-files with various projects. I have a Bonnie Hunter sub-file. That way, I can always find the pattern and print it as needed. It saves stacks of papers! Maybe this idea will be of use to someone else.
Definitely,...but remind people to do more than just save links. Go ahead and print it to PDF file on your computer and save it in that file. Too many people think that those links are going to be there.

Years ago I had perused McCalls Quilting links--there seemed to be a bunch of them. Now, it seems like most of them are gone and they want you to buy their patterns.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 AM

Bonnie does tell you to print off her patterns if you're interested. They will be removed from her site when her next book comes out and she warns you when they're about to be removed.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:19 AM

I do the same with files. I have a folder called "sewing" and under that sub-folders for various things and still other sub-folders. I have a folder for "tips and tricks," "mystery quilts" "BOM" and so on...it sure helps keep everything in perspective. I have a folder for "Bonnie Hunter" as well as others as sub-folders under whatever the category falls in.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:08 AM

Two friend and I are starting the Celtic Mystery this weekend on Superbowl Sunday. They haven't peeked at the final product, but I have seen several versions and they are all stunning.

Of course you are going to do fine! We are all here for support!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 AM

I do the same thing M.Elizabeth, I have more quilts saved in the folder than I could ever do in a life time. My DSIL did remind me I need to save them to a memory card thingy just in case something happens to my computer.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM

thank you ladies. i am going to start this the first of feb. until then, tying up lose ends in the quilting 'basement'. read some on the links page. they are doing beautiful work. i'll see you all there.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM

I am in about the middle of this quilt. It is taking me forever, but I will eventually get it done. Hope I have the blocks done and can construct at retreat in 3 weeks.