Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I make a suggestion? >

Can I make a suggestion?

Can I make a suggestion?

Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by darlin121
I will be sure to post this information in the future whenI get up enough nerve to actually show my quilts.
and as soon as I learn how to post pics
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM

Well it never hurts to give information. I am more than willing to do it, I just can't gurantee that my memory will accomodate me in doing so. LOL
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888
Every day I see posts on this board for at least 5 or 6 blocks or finished quilts I would love to make. And I think "I would love to know the pattern, fabric, or size". I think it would be so helpful if we would post all this up front when we ask for help on a block or when we post a pic of a completed quilt or project. It would save a lot of time reading thru posts or waiting for the poster to respond. It would also help eliminate all of us asking the same question multiple times. What do you think? :lol:
Ditto, We all usually want to know the name and the pattern or where we can get it. I love your idea. I think we should all name the block and book, then ask the questions.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Well it never hurts to give information. I am more than willing to do it, I just can't gurantee that my memory will accomodate me in doing so. LOL
I'll bet it will, you are such a sweetheart. Thanks for gifting the horse quilt to a fellow quilter in ill health.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 AM

I can go along with this suggestion, BUT I have one myself......most of us provide links correctly when we list them, but lately a lot of people do not...........this is frustrating to me to have to copy and past in a new browser just to have it show up.....this means I am on here toooooo long and I would like to go to my quilt room :(
Old 03-19-2011, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I thought that it was a rule of the forum that you have to credit the designer, etc. I try to remember to do it.

However, I WILL say this --- I have posted pictures, credited the designer, stated where I got the pattern, etc...and STILL have people asking me where I got the pattern or what is the pattern!!!!
I agree with you! Many posters list everything in their question and people just do not read what has been written and when some of them do they still don't get the original facts correct. Don't know what the solution to this would be but it sure makes for a long thread with people asking questions answered originally. Can be very frustrating for many members.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:45 PM

There will never be a positive solution for every poster or every reader but we can all TRY to give the information and it will save some of us for asking multiple times and not getting answers when we ask! THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUGGESTION! I want to give credit where credit is due - if it's an original design why not take the credit??? (Prefer not to share the details, just say so!)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Fab idea. I too will see a completed quilt and wonder what the pattern is, what the fabric is etc... kudos for the suggestion!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:57 PM

i agree , i often thought that would be great if everyone that wanted to share would do this
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 AM

Great suggestion. I promise too, to be better about that when I post.