Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I make a suggestion? >

Can I make a suggestion?

Can I make a suggestion?

Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
However, I WILL say this --- I have posted pictures, credited the designer, stated where I got the pattern, etc...and STILL have people asking me where I got the pattern or what is the pattern!!!!
......multiple times in the same thread, sometimes right after the info is reposted. :roll: :roll:
Yes, I noticed this too. I think some of us don't bother reading all the posts and come in after many other posts have been made so there is a lot of repetition. Maybe because we are excited about the photo?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:06 PM

And I would like it if they included where they get their patterns and blocks also just in case you all want to!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by joyce888
Every day I see posts on this board for at least 5 or 6 blocks or finished quilts I would love to make. And I think "I would love to know the pattern, fabric, or size". I think it would be so helpful if we would post all this up front when we ask for help on a block or when we post a pic of a completed quilt or project. It would save a lot of time reading thru posts or waiting for the poster to respond. It would also help eliminate all of us asking the same question multiple times. What do you think? :lol:
Actually, the more time you spend learning how to put a quilt together, the easier it will be for you to figure out the information on your own. Most of the blocks you see are traditional patterns -- the difference being mostly the fabrics chosen. Traditional patterns are available from almost any free pattern website ... as far as including the reference material in the first post, which may seem like a good idea, is only as good as the person doing the reading. I forget how long I have been here, but I cannot tell you how many times I have seen the information included, only to have someone ask for it anyway because no matter how thorough a poster might be - - there will always be someone who just doesn't get it until they get talked to directly. best laid plans of mice and men, I think - - <wave>
Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM

I've asked for the same thing. I noticed a few people have started to post info. Hopefully we will all get better at posting the info and reading the info that is already there.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Yes... just think how many questions MAY BE eliminated simply because the post did include the information to begin with!!! I'm sure some of us DO read the entire post if we like what we see!