Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can this price be right for quilter? >

Can this price be right for quilter?

Can this price be right for quilter?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:43 PM

I sure hope so ,although I am looking at the 17"Bailey, saving those pennies. The stitch regulator is extra.I think its a great price. Hoping I could see a demo somewhere.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:14 PM

OMG now I'm thoroughly confused, LOL. I don't have a long arm and would consider getting one but all the choices, info, suggestions etc just make my head spin and my brain hurts.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

I have a bailey and grace frame. I love it and the family owned business is fantastic. Always there if you have a question.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

jaciqltznok....go a head and jump....I am a owner of the Bailey and the customer service is fantastic. Mr Bailey (Chuck) is always there to answer your questions.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 PM

The price sounds right!!!!! I have this machine but with the grace pro. frame love it... I got the up graded carriage.Easy to use and a web site just for baliey users.. You will not be sorry, this machine is super basic. Chuck Baliey makes these machines and will help you with any problems if you ever have any. I hope you to can be a bailey owner! :lol:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by amazon
I sure hope so ,although I am looking at the 17"Bailey, saving those pennies. The stitch regulator is extra.I think its a great price. Hoping I could see a demo somewhere.
if you can't see a bailey, then see whatever you can. it's important to at least feel the difference between the SR and not.
if you can get to a big show, the baileys are there.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 PM

I can't testify to the machine, but I have purchased other items ffom these people and never had an issue with them. Very friendly and knowledgeable.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 AM

Thanks Butterflywing! I appreciate the info.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by amazon
if you can't see a bailey, then see whatever you can. it's important to at least feel the difference between the SR and not.
if you can get to a big show, the baileys are there.
I have tried a Nolting, I missed Paducah this year, hopefully there will be a show at VBCC in Hunstville for 2012. Thanks for the info
:thumbup:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Tweety2911
This was the only affordable option for us and am thrilled to have the opportunity to quilt like the "big girls".
I'm not in the market and have no interest in acquiring a MA or LA but I have to admire Bailey's business acumen. He saw an open niche in the MA/LA market at a lower price point that wasn't being serviced, and he developed a product to meet it, with, from all reports, terrific customer service. NAYY.

As for it being only good for doing one's "own" quilts :roll: - it ain't the machine, it's the talent of the LA-er.
I've seen plenty of quilts done on a Gammill/Statler where the quilting had ZERO, ZILCH, NADA personality.

You are so right! The machine has nothing to do with quality it is all in the experience of the quilter. I have the Bailey 17 on the Original Grace frame. It only holds a 96 ince quilt but I can make that quilt 108-112" in length and it fits under the neck of the Bailey. You will have to wind tightly when you roll the quilt but it can be done. Secondly you don't have to buy a frame package when you purchase, you can buy any frame you choose. You just get a good price break when you buy a Grace frame package from Bailey's. Constomer service that you recieve from this company is unheard of in todays world. My Bailey broke after five months use and Chuck Bailey cheerfully sent me a brand new machine and paid for the postage for sending out and for me to send the broken machine back. The problems I had are very very rare and I only know of one other person who had the same issue. She too was given a brand new machine with no problems what so ever. I have NEVER felt like I made a mistake in choosing a Bailey and I am able to do everything that with my machine that a more expensive machine can do. I also have the Sew Control Stitch Regulator on mine and love it! I am completely happy with my Bailey!!