Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can someone compare QD poly mid-loft batting to

Blog Entries

Can someone compare QD poly mid-loft batting to

Hobbs 80/20 or Hobbs PolyDown? I have several quilt tops waiting to be quilted and I want to do a couple of them with polyester batting. The one time I used PolyDown, I found it to be a little too puffy for me to quilt easily on my Voyager/Hinty setup. I had no problem quilting with Hobbs 80/20, but I would really like to try Quilter's Dream polyester. If it is very similar to Hobbs 80/20, I know I will not struggle with it. Just trying to avoid too much puff.

Am I right in thinking the QD poly request would be a lot like Thermore poly? Very thin? I want about double the loft that Thermore offers, which is why I am looking at the mid-loft (Select) version of the QD poly. Also, I notice the Select comes in a black version which would solve a bearding fear I've had for one of the quilts that has a lot of black in it.

JT
    Quilter's Dream Poly is a nice thinner batting with consistency in how smooth it is across, not pulling apart like a cotton batting, when you stretch it a little. I use it a lot, nice drape and not too heavy, low loft.
    JT

I use quilters dream select almost exclusively. Really like it.

I use hi loft poly batting.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I use The Warm Company's Soft and Bright exclusively. It looks and feels like Warm and White.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Quilter's Dream Poly is a nice thinner batting with consistency in how smooth it is across, not pulling apart like a cotton batting, when you stretch it a little. I use it a lot, nice drape and not too heavy, low loft.
    I agree with JT and am now using more of the Quilter's Dream Poly, because I'm really, really tired of the wrinkled look from cotton batts. Just me. I have not tried the Thermore, but used Hobbs 80/20 exclusively for the last 7 years.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt