Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can someone tell me >

Can someone tell me

Can someone tell me

Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 AM
Banned

there is a wooden plug that goes into those spools, or you can buy the deelybob, it is a plastic plug that does the same me...PM me if you need either...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Ok at the risk of getting lemons thrown at me...please don't waste your money on the plastic stand-its flimsy, the tall stem didn't stay in so I tried gluing it in the little hole, that didn't last long, talking from personal experience spend the money and get a metal one.
JMHO
I have a plastic one..works fine...been using it for years...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 AM

I have done two things. 1. I cut a circle of cardboard, and poked a hole in it, and shoved it in the cone of thread--it worked. but I especially like to put my cone in a mason jar, or large cup behind my machine and thread as usual, it works great.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 AM

You can put the larger spools in a cup beside your sewing machine if you don't have an auxiliary spool holder.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:24 AM

I have a brother & I just put the cone on my stand threader (the tall ones that sit on table & have pole & loop) & run it on thru. Maybe put it in a cup or tall glass for the thread to spin out of.

Hope this helps....

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-18-2011, 05:24 AM

I have a brother & I just put the cone on my stand threader (the tall ones that sit on table & have pole & loop) & run it on thru. Maybe put it in a cup or tall glass for the thread to spin out of.

Hope this helps....

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Banned

there is a NEW gadget just released that is like a stick that fits on your spindle and then your thread cone sits behind your machine and the thread goes through the stick and then thread regular into the machine...I ordered them and they should be here by the end of the week!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:38 AM

Coffee Cup ! Who would have thought ... I'd been using double sided tape on the bottom of my thread holder ... jeez I'm glad you guys are so smart !
Old 05-18-2011, 05:44 AM

I use a pint canning jar with glass plant marbles (from WalMart) in the bottom to weight the jar and facilitate the movement of the cone of thread. Works great. Someone else I know also uses a pint canning jar and places extra filled bobbins in the bottom which also helps with the movement of the cone while sewing. Either works great, but the bobbins are always ready when needed.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aurora
I use a pint canning jar with glass plant marbles (from WalMart) in the bottom to weight the jar and facilitate the movement of the cone of thread. Works great. Someone else I know also uses a pint canning jar and places extra filled bobbins in the bottom which also helps with the movement of the cone while sewing. Either works great, but the bobbins are always ready when needed.
I like both of these ideas...when we do classes, retreats, etc, these "tips, tricks" are great to pass around!