Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't keep a secret and also need advice >

Can't keep a secret and also need advice

Can't keep a secret and also need advice

Old 12-27-2010, 08:54 PM

Hi!. I have been visiting the board for a while now (from Colorado) but have been too shy to post. I had to add my congrats!! Two years ago a week from now, my first and only grandchild was born. I can only agree with everything that has been said before. My FIRST quilt was a ballet theme for her (started as soon as my son and daughter-in-law knew she was a girl and decided on a ballet theme for her room). Here are pictures of the front of the quilt after nearly two years of washings along with the back of the matching pillow-my daughter-in-law sent me the fotos which I forgot to take when I made them) I am now starting a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt for her second birthday with a little more confidence but with even more love than the first.
Enjoy!! They grow so fast!!:thumbup:

Quilt front with all of its warts!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148659[/ATTACH]

Back of pillow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]148662[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-148654.jpe   attachment-148657.jpe  
Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Congrat's...you will never be the same, after that little person comes into your world...you will experience love like you have never given...I love my children..and always have..but...my "Grandgirls"..I have three...athey really fill my life with LOVE
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 PM
joy

I haven't read all of the messages but seeing as they don't want to know what the baby is before it is born, why don't you make one for a boy and one for a girl... you can't go wrong then....
Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, there is nithing greater in this world then being a granmother. I can only day there is a special feelings for th ose grandkids.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 PM

congratulations ,. what colours are her living room? thinking a quilt for the baby to lie on at the stage when he/she starts rolling over etc.dissapearing 9 patch is fun to do
Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 AM

Oh my, congrats on becoming a grandmother!! The "grand" part is right. I now have 6!! If you machine embroidery, in addition to making a quilt, you need to make a quilted diaper bag; thn move on the embroidered onesies, bibs, burb cloths, baby towels and washcloths...oh the list is endless!!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
Okay, I admit it! I can't keep secrets very well and I'm just busting to tell somebody and I was sworn to secrecy for a while longer, but I'm going to be a grandma. My daughter and son-in-law surprised us on Christmas morning with the news that my first grandchild is on the way. She doesn't want the news to be broadcast quite yet until she's a little further along, so I promised I wouldn't put it on Facebook. :mrgreen: I had to tell someone though or several someones my exciting news.

For the advice part, as a beginning quilter, what baby quilt designs would you recommend? Want to go buy fabric tomorrow and get going right away. Any tips, advice will be greatly appreciated!
Congratulations, Granny. Until you know if it's boy or girl and until you know if there is a special theme for the baby's room, you could get busy on making a special throw for the new mommy to use to cuddle with baby. Use her favorite colors.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:06 AM

Just make lots of them. You have time for all kinds - for all seasons. Congrads on your first grandchild. I have a great that I've resisted, but can no longer. I don't care if he has plenty of blankets, he needs one or more from his g-grandma. These are the fun quilts to make. Have fun! Pooh is always a winner!!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:45 AM

Congratulations on your great news
Old 12-28-2010, 05:02 AM

My youngest is 8.5 months old and I find I really prefer brights to pastels for baby stuff. Since she's not going to find out the gender, I would do something in bright rainbow colours. Perfect for either gender. :)

Congratulations Grandma!!