Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! >

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 AM

I actually like to organize my sewing room and I like to collect cute containers and sewing baskets - a bad combination for me because I can't remember what I put in which container so I had to make a list of items and put it on my bulletin board so I will be able to find STUFF. There is something theraputic for me when I organize my room (organize=clean). I guess it's the challenge of trying to cram more stuff into the existing space I have.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 AM

There is a nice ranch for sale (I think) on Holland St in Saugus. Maybe number is in the sixties. That's all I know about it. Good Luck !
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
I'm still working on it.
That was for you. Did I goof ?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:55 AM

Have to we are looking for a house.
With an extra room for your sewing!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:55 AM

Well my spring cleaning went to my sewing room. Got my very small closet cleaned out last weekend. How in the world did I fit so much stuff in that closet is beyond me . But I got out 5 trash bags of stuff I did not need. And I moved some shelfs around to make some mor room. And in that move everything got dumped on the floor and I mean everything. I can bearly get into my small room now. It looks like every know natural disaster has hit it. Why is it when cleaning you make more of a mess than what it was befor you started?
Becasue you start looking at stuff, and thinking about your projects that you want to do, or will never get to! I think we just like to look at our stuff!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Howard
There is a nice ranch for sale (I think) on Holland St in Saugus. Maybe number is in the sixties. That's all I know about it. Good Luck !
Thanks I'll look into it
Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by lindy
Have to we are looking for a house.
With an extra room for your sewing!
I sure hop so. We have been living in this very small apartment for over 20 years now And my DH wants to move now. He hates moving. And I always made do.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by no1jan
I am in the same boat. I had to make room for my DGD sofa bed to move up into my "sewing area". In doing so, I decided to try and clean up tons and tons of spots my son had made when this was his room. I swear he let a case of soda explode up there!

I have been spot cleaning the carpet for weeks. On my hands and knees trying desperately to get them out. In the mean time I have to move furniture, basically everything around the room to be able to get at the carpet to do the spot cleaning and then the rug shampooing. I am almost done! I have one more section to seam clean today. Spot cleaned the area last night.

Then I have to move all the furniture and organize. Can't wait. Haven't been able to see let alone use my machine in weeks.

Can't wait until it is all finished, clean and Sew-Perfect!

At least I will have some place to sew! :):) :)
You might want to think about just ripping out the carpet and putting down some faux wood. There are vynal (sp?) out there that look like wood and are easy to put down. I actually did that in my whole house. It is much easier to sweep up fabric scraps and threads than having to vacuum. Also if you have allergies they will be much better if you get rid of the carpet. If you really think about it carpet is probably the dirtiest thing in our houses. Also pet "spills" are no longer a big issue. You just wipe them up and wash the floor.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 AM

my Fourth grade daughter went to school and told here teacher , when my mom cleans she makes a big mess. bless her little heart
Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 AM

To those who have sewing rooms...you are sooo lucky. My machine is on my dining table when I sew then in the closet when we eat. I have 2 shelves in a small closet for my boxes of fabric, quilt books and quilts in stages of work. So I am envious of those of you who have dedicated space. If I didnt have to sleep I would be all set. :lol: :-(