Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Originally Posted by lindy
Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Have to we are looking for a house.
With an extra room for your sewing!
I sure hop so. We have been living in this very small apartment for over 20 years now And my DH wants to move now. He hates moving. And I always made do.
I moved into my current home over 5 years ago and still haven't finished unpacking!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
To those who have sewing rooms...you are sooo lucky. My machine is on my dining table when I sew then in the closet when we eat. I have 2 shelves in a small closet for my boxes of fabric, quilt books and quilts in stages of work. So I am envious of those of you who have dedicated space. If I didnt have to sleep I would be all set. :lol: :-(

I'm lucky to have an extra bedroom that I use for a sewing room. Thankfully we are empty nesters with a 3 bedroom home and very few overnite guests. I do have a *guest* bedroom but use it mainly for storage.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:21 AM

We put down a commercial grade carpet in our den shortly after moving in as it had the most horrible orange shag carpet. Hopefully one day I'll be able to replace the carpet in the rest of the house, but not sure with what. Being on a limited budget, I like the idea of vinyl. That is what is in my sewing room, which is why I picked that particular bedroom to sew in. Plus it's upstairs and I can *escape*. :roll: :roll:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
omg, you have tornado's in your house also. When my girls were little, we had tornado's when things were so disorganized that they couldn't find their socks etc. So with the tornado, the drawers were emptied onto the floor and they had to put things back away correctly. I thought I was the only mother on earth that was that mean.
No,no,no you are not a bad mother! My Mom used to do the same thing to my sister and I, everything in a pile - then put away one by one. We hated it but it sure worked. Now many decades later, I find myself laughing when I do it to myself on occasion!!!!

It may seem drastic but it works!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM

My problem with organizing is that it never stays that way. I really try to keep it up, but somehow it ends up messy again. Is it me?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 PM

We are alone now too, but downsized from 11 rooms to 5, moved from the city to the woods. It is a day trip to buy fabric. The ups driver knows me by name lol. But I am still happy and stress free now.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
My mother used to put a wheel barrow outside our room (4 girls) when it got too much for her to bear!
I took the wheel barrow down the hall to my daughter's door, filled it up just from the floor and the bed and wheeled it back outside! She's 40 this year and about to visit me with her family tonight so she better not read this! Love you, sweetie!
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Carol in Colorado, I too would like to see your organized sewing room... I am not sure how big the (sewing room) bedroom is that I have to pull everything out and reorganizer so I have room to move without a Grace quilting frame. :roll: Looking forward to your pictures. (if I get my organized I know I will have to quickly take pictures because it won't look so neat as soon as I begin using it! lol :lol:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Well, I finally got some pictures taken of my sewing room. I posted them in the pictures under the same title - Can't sew in my sewing room - pictures. Let me know what you think. I obviously don't have tons of fabric (yet)so I guess that helps.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:14 PM

I have been trying to clean my sewing room forever. Lately I spent almost two days trying to organize. I found things I didn't know I had, that was a treat. I am also letting go of other craft items Beads, clay, etc that will help the mess. I bought a labeler so I could label my plastic containers. My books and magazines are a big problem, I dread going thru them again. I know I should get rid of alot of them but I hate to let them go. But I have decided I need a peaceful area to sew in, so I am going to have to get tough with myself. Maybe I'll find some more treasures that I forgot I had!