Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cat fur sticking to batik >

cat fur sticking to batik

cat fur sticking to batik

Old 11-01-2016, 04:16 PM

Having dog hair on everything really bothers me, and I have a dog! She is mostly black, so the hair doesn't show much on jeans and dark clothes, but you can see it in wisps floating along the floor at times! I know it would be less if I brushed her every day, but I just can't seem to remember.
My son and his family have a white dog and a light colored cat. The kids are always covered in dog/cat hair, and it really gets to me, particularly when I pick them up to go somewhere. Of course, they rarely vacuum, and all their clothes are dark colored. Ack!
Old 11-01-2016, 05:35 PM

Admitedly I have not read most of these reponses. I have dogs. Dog hair (and presumably cat hair when you have cats) is a fact of life. For me, it is what it is. I do LOTS of laundry. Need to do more vacuuming than what I do. I'm sure this is not the first item they have had to deal with cat fur.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:04 AM

I've got 3 cats. In a dry climate, cat hair goes anywhere it can stick to. All someone had to do in the age of polyester dress pants was walk in the door, and they were covered.

If you know someone has cats, and lets the cats sleep wherever, make something cat-fur hiding. I used a lot of oriental print squares in a quilt, along with white, and don't notice the cat hair. I made a pillow cover throw out of the cheap quilted stuff sold in stores, it was all white and sleazy, and the Snowshoe's darker fur is covering it. I don't see it on the good white cotton.

My cats rule.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:01 AM

When you own a pet, it becomes part of the family. I accept the fact that I am going to have pet hair everywhere and don't fret over it anymore. If I'm giving someone something, I go over it with masking tape and tweezers. Takes a while, but it works.