Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cats vs. dogs >

cats vs. dogs

cats vs. dogs

Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 PM

thank you for saying that, annie. it was only meant to be fun.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM

in case anyone wants to know, we are up to:

Dogs 38

Cats 33

Parrots 4

Other 2140 (this includes:all the wild things of the world, horses, goats, ,

worms, tropical and other fish, mice, cattle, sharks, and

snakes. did i forget anything?) :?:

that was up to and including page 3.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 AM

Three cats here. One is the mother, the other two are are sons. We took her in from a neighbor that was neglecting her and she was pregnant. Her name is Trixie and the boys are Slim and Bert. All three are in my avatar.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Banned

Today the dog is definitely favored over the cat. I put out a pound of hamburger by the kitchen sink to thaw yesterday morning. My fiance comes home at noon, so he was going to put it in the fridge. I get a call around noon asking what did I do with the hamburger. "Nothing says me, it's by the coffee pot"...no it's not...yes it is...umm no it's NOT. Ok, well, look around, there's only one culprit that had access to the kitchen, see if you can find it. Look, look, look, all over the house, upstairs? nope..under the couch? nope...downstairs maybe? goes and looks downstairs...bingo! the little stinker drug that frozen pound of hamburger all the way downstairs and hid it behind my fabric stacker! he didnt tear the freezer bag open, he just simply hid it in a place that in a few days would cause a major stink! needless to say, he spent the evening in the no no box. (His cage).
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
I have a Chihuahua named Tink she is 15 years old. She loves the one she is with at the time,My husband or myself. We also have a siamese mix named simmy,His brother mesey died in 2004. They were litter mates born in 1992. Which makes him 16 and still going strong. We have a 180 Gal. freshwater aquarium which we both love. Lot of fish.
I love all animals have been owned by many. But I have had 3 true animal friends That owned me and I miss all three as much as I would a real person that I loved. My Horse Dixie....She was a king bred working cow horse. I She was 16 years old when I had to put her down because of Liver failure. She was 15 1/2 hands high.
My Germanshep Tara..... She was the most gentlest big dog I have ever knew. Germanshep are suspose to be nervous. Not this dog, loved kids but was very protective of me.
My Standard Poodle Bella..... The most intelligent animal I have ever been owned by. Lost her to lyphnthomic Cancer. This past July 1 year ago She was 14. That Big soft curly head and ears, listen to me without a groan,or a comment just looked at me like she knew everything I was crying, venting or just talking about.
I will have to have another when Tink the Chihuahua finally leaves us. But dont know yet which I want. I prefer Dogs, Big ones but now that I am now longer a spring chicken, it will probably be a little one.
Tink is like our baby, We treat her so.
Bill'aBonBon
i have also had three special 'friends' that were a major part of my family. it always hurt me that there were only two children so the pets filled in. my closest friends were fletcher,a fatty, ichabod, a sweetie, and and tenzing, my own true love. they are buried in my backyard and they still make me cry to think about them. so i understand how you feel. this will probably be my last pet because another one would likely outlive me and because i can't take care of them as well anymore. and i'll miss them all.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:42 AM

I have a dog. Two year old golden retriever named Dublin. I keep asking my hubby for a puppy....he keeps saying NOOOOOOOOOOOO. We have always had dogs....this is our first golden. We always had cocker spaniels before. I will continue to work on the puppy lol.

Margie
Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM

I have 3 dogs (bichon, poodle, chinese crested), 2 cats (sphynx), and a ferret. Currently. This count could change at anytime without warning. :lol: Do you want me to count the fosters weve had in/out of our house in the last 2 years? :lol:
Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Currently we have two dogs--a beagle and a beagle/Jack Russel mix. Both are rescue dogs. We've always had dogs not cats. Nothing against cats,we just happen to like dogs. In the past we had a mutt and another beagle.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:02 AM

Hi
We have a rescued Bearded Collie named Bernie now 10 years old - a delightful companion dog who is also a Canadian Champion. We love the character and playfulness of this guy who also makes us walk at least twice a day whatever the weather.

Gloria In Toronto
Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Banned

i have my 2 boys in my avitar (chaos -red...... teddy...... cream) and my other boy tigger. (cat)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34181.jpe