Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cats vs. dogs >

cats vs. dogs

cats vs. dogs

Old 11-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by butterflywing
to all my quilter friends:

i"ve been thinking about the post from the member who thought this was a bad idea and i feel very bad about that whole thing. if anyone else thinks that this is in poor taste or for any other reason thinks it should not be done, please tell me on post or pm me. i am not joined at the hip to this "survey" and will understand discontinue it immediately.
i'm not out to hurt anybody's feelings. so just tell me and i'll announce an end and ask that people stop posting.

thank you.
your kidding right? this is fun. i love to see or hear what others have.. PLEASE DON'T STOP. Don't let one bad apple spoil our fun.... :D :D :D :D
Old 11-22-2008, 07:24 AM

I keep seeing the word "avitar" being used in this site. Am I the only person who has no idea what that means? I even tried to look it up in the dictionary with no results lol. I feel dumb, but it is driving me crazy!! What does it mean???
Old 11-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Banned

Off to the left where your name is, many have a pic. I have me with my 2 dogs. That is MY avitar,Hope this explains :D
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 AM

OOOOOOOOOH TY Beverly lol. I have been feeling very dumb everytime I see that word. I wonder why it doesnt come up in the dictionary.

WELL NOW I KNOW...pays to ask :)
TYVM
Margie
Old 11-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Banned

your so very welcome. if you want one go to MY PROFILE.... go to bottom
Old 11-22-2008, 07:49 AM

ACTUALLY, I find this "survey" interesting. Many times I have thought that "cats and quilting" seemed to go together because so many people I know who quilt seem to have cats. I felt "out of the loop" in a way because I have only ever owned dogs. I dont dislike cats, I was just never raised with them and have no idea how to care for them(also a litter box in the house doesnt appeal to me lol) However, I think cats are very beautiful and enjoy looking at them.

I am glad to know that many seem to have dogs and other animals as well. I think it is just for fun and anyone who doesnt care to say what they have should not.

Margie...btw we live in PA where we are riff with deer and also have turkeys and bunnies. I feed the deer from Christmas eve until springtime. Sometimes we have as many as 20 deer at one time in the yard.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:03 AM

Well, we have an RV and had our little "Muffin"dog. She was 16 when finally had to go to Doggie Heaven. We decided then, no more dogs while traveling. Then a stray cat began to hang around our yard.
we finally adopted him, (or should I say, he adopted us). We said he was "Muffin' reincarnated, because we wern't going to get another dog, so what appeared, but a cat. He is a beautiful Norwegian Forest cat. Doesn't travel with us because he loves to be outside too much for the confines of a motorhome. However, we also have a few desert tortoises who live in our back yard. They hibernate all winter, so are very low maintanence for those who like to travel. Hard to say what is the favorite, but probably a dog would be # 1.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Banned

Margie I would like to live near you . I love to see the deer . There are some around my area , but not in my yard . I love wildlife ! We saw a fox about a year ago , he was pretty .

Butterflywing don't pay attention to the other one ! Don't stop this is fun ! I only have a dog , love cats but am allergic ! I like seeing everyone's pets . Has there been any horses yet ? Annie
Old 11-23-2008, 07:26 PM

Our pets:
5 miniature horses (2 on the way!)
5 rabbits
2 dogs
1 cat

:D
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM

Hi Margie

Actually the correct spelling is AVATAR and it means the following from dictionary.com Hope this helps

–noun 1. Hindu Mythology. the descent of a deity to the earth in an incarnate form or some manifest shape; the incarnation of a god.
2. an embodiment or personification, as of a principle, attitude, or view of life.
3. Computers. a graphical image that represents a person, as on the Internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1775–85; < Skt avatāra a passing down, equiv. to ava down + -tāra a passing over