Chemo Hat Suggestions?!?! >

Chemo Hat Suggestions?!?!

Chemo Hat Suggestions?!?!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:42 AM

I will try again.

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/media/AdultCap.pdf

Sorry, Ruth
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM

What about a soft, lightweight, colorful flannel?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
On Nancy Notions webpage there is a catagory called giving back or something like that. Anyway there is a pattern for Chemo hats as well as some other useful things like walker bags, scarfs for soldiers & several other things. It's www.nancynotions.com.
It's called creative kindness at the bottom of the page with a pdf download
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM

I'm an OR nurse also and have made and worn cotton OR hats off and on for over 35 years now.. I have tons and would be happy to send a couple your way, just pm me your address. If there is a favorite color, let me know and I'll try to oblige. As to the comfort. One of the nurses I work with was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. After her surgery and into her chemo she lost her hair.. she has worn the fabric hats similar to mine at work and out she said they were comfortable for her. Now her hair is coming back in and she has quite the collection of hats.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by MelissaK
We just found out that my husbands grandmother's cancer returned. She had found out about 4 years ago that she had lung cancer. Went through chemo/radiation etc. It was during the winter so all of her hats were warm and fuzzy. She begged me to make her some for the summer. Has anyone made one before? I went on the internet and pulled up doo-rag patterns and so forth. Just wondering how comfy they are on soft heads?! Looking for ideas... I don't want to make something and find out that it itches her head. She would like me to make a bunch and I know you ladies/gents have suggestions or have made them before and know which ones are good and which ones aren't.
Hi,
So sorry about your husband's grandmother's struggle with cancer. I have family and friends who are in the same position and you are sweet to try and help.
I have a friend who has been knitting chemo caps that she designed that are soft and light weight and, in the natural colors, almost look like short hair. They are a loose knit so would be comfortable through the summer's heat. Her email address is [email protected] If you email her she can send you a photo of the caps and choice of colors. She and her other products are on the website www.shopthefrontier.com.
Dona
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Here is a few patterns. I made the quick and easy turban for my mother. That was several years ago. Wasn't even sewing then. It was fairly easy and my mother said it was comfortable. (I used a stretch knit - i think it was 100% polyester)
My thoughts and prayers are with your grandmother.

http://www.brimmingwithlove.org

Old 05-07-2009, 06:29 PM

Thankyou crkathleen. This is a great site that I'm sharing with my cancer patients.

Oh yes, Melissa K, I'm getting my courtesy hat made for you, but we're off on vacation, so it will be delayed a bit.