Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Chevron Quilt >

Chevron Quilt

Chevron Quilt

Old 02-18-2015, 04:30 AM

[QUOTE=plmokn;7092753]I want to make a chevron quilt. Which is better: the chevron quilt made with half square triangles or the made with with strips?

Thanks for your input!
Marilee/[Quote]

My personal input- Half Square triangles!! I really like the pattern that Jenny does on MSQ. I've made a queen size quilt using her pattern and it was quick and easy. I am currently in the process of making a king size called Every Which Way by Leanna Spanner using strips and have had so much trouble with it. It is a neat looking pattern but has been a real bugger for me. I started it during the summer for a Christmas gift and I am still at it. However, must say in defense of this pattern, I did break my left foot in Aug, and couldn't sit for long periods, plus having 2 blood clots form in that leg and spent a week in the hospital didn't help. But this pattern takes a lot longer to do because of sewing strips, then cutting them into 45 degree angles, then sewing HST on to those then sewing two opposites in to a Chevron. The Chevrons are not as easy to match at the points. If ever get through with this quilt I'll not make another using this pattern-way toooooo time consuming. I think I could have already made two or more using HSTS by now. I highly recommend the HST method!