Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: CHICKENS!!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    tee hee!!! No, but I really like doing the one for butterflywing and I've got the little device for making bias and some black fabric left over, it's not THAT hard, I KNOW you could do it, Terri!!!

K x

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    tee hee!!! No, but I really like doing the one for butterflywing and I've got the little device for making bias and some black fabric left over, it's not THAT hard, I KNOW you could do it, Terri!!!

K x
    Oh, like you think I'm going to say I'll make one? Nope! Got myself into doing this chicken quilt. Silly me! WHAT WAS I THINKING?? lol

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Not even sure I'll do it to be honest - might just do regular appliqué - been looking at rooster patterns and can't really find a good one for stained glass.

K x

Blog Entries
    Oh no....not fair trying to make this a competion.....you know I can't possibly outdo anyone!!!! And I haven't even started to decide which will be my 1st block!!!EEEEKKKKKK!!! Am I behind already???

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh no....not fair trying to make this a competion.....you know I can't possibly outdo anyone!!!! And I haven't even started to decide which will be my 1st block!!!EEEEKKKKKK!!! Am I behind already???
    No, you are ahead of me. I haven't decided yet. lol

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry Patti, it's not a competition - perish the thought! :D

I finally found a rooster I like on stained glass - Hans has photocopied him for me bigger in black and white so I'm going to try and turn him into stained glass but don't hold your breath! :wink:

K x

Blog Entries
    Well, I can't wait to see him, I just know he'll be beautimous and probably very "cocky" :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry...just couldn't help myself!)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I went to Ben Franklin's today. Found 3 pieces of fabric with chickens/roosters on it. ALL they had!

So, now, let's get details going on this, huh???
    Terri, you are just about covered in chicken fabric - get crackin' girl!!! :D

I think I'll start with an appliqué rooster as a centre piece and go from there - might do him stained glass, not sure yet. But at least an idea is starting to ferment! :D

K x
    Sorry, k, to pick on the differences in 'phrases', depending on where you live...love it, though :P ,...if I wait till an idea, 'ferments'...it means it's rotten!...thinking you like a little wine, maybe fermented ideas are just about - ripe there (right there), for you, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I went to Ben Franklin's today. Found 3 pieces of fabric with chickens/roosters on it. ALL they had!

So, now, let's get details going on this, huh???
    Terri, you are just about covered in chicken fabric - get crackin' girl!!! :D

I think I'll start with an appliqué rooster as a centre piece and go from there - might do him stained glass, not sure yet. But at least an idea is starting to ferment! :D

K x
    Sorry, k, to pick on the differences in 'phrases', depending on where you live...love it, though :P ,...if I wait till an idea, 'ferments'...it means it's rotten!...thinking you like a little wine, maybe fermented ideas are just about - ripe there (right there), for you, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Patti - cocky is kind of proud, right? Or are you being RUUUUDDDDEEE!!! I think the double entendre is the same in the US as the UK?! :wink:

Hey Big Ears - about fermenting - while I was on a tour of a French vineyard, the owner said that grapevines are no good until they're at least 40 years old - like a woman...! :wink: Yup, everything they say about the French is true - wine, women and song tra la! :D

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    just googled chicken quilts and found this http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Chicken+Quilt

194 pics of chicken quilts! Good ideas and inspiration - there's one quilted in a chicken wire pattern - cooooollll!!! :D

K x

Blog Entries
    Yes K...I meant as in Proud!! Me...Rude?????....never :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yes K...I meant as in Proud!! Me...Rude?????....never :D
    :wink:

K x

k3n wrote:
    Hey Big Ears - about fermenting - while I was on a tour of a French vineyard, the owner said that grapevines are no good until they're at least 40 years old - like a woman...! :D Yup, everything they say about the French is true - wine, women and song tra la! :D

If you say so, Francey pants!!! tra la la!
    :lol::lol::lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    k3n wrote:
    Hey Big Ears - about fermenting - while I was on a tour of a French vineyard, the owner said that grapevines are no good until they're at least 40 years old - like a woman...! :D Yup, everything they say about the French is true - wine, women and song tra la! :D

If you say so, Francey pants!!! tra la la!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    :wink:

K x

if anyone is still undecided on a pattern, these came across my e-mail this morning - nice sale!

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...a=qltpatsale09

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...a=qltpatsale09

Blog Entries
    Thanks Patty, those are cute!

Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    hoping we wait just a little while longer. i have a mental deadline to get a couple of things finished before i start this project. but i'm excited because i have the perfect pattern!

can you imagine a chicken sitting on a toilet?

:P
    as long as it ain't MY toilet...that's a scary thought, LOL...already have to race hubby...a chicken...that's a cheep trick! :lol:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7