Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas quilt gift >

Christmas quilt gift

Christmas quilt gift

Old 11-22-2022, 07:16 AM

I usually just give my quilts to the family at random and show them the quilt and ask them if they would like it. Seems some of them have all the quilts they can use by now. Anyway, I have given away my quilts twice at Christmas. Once I just took out all my table toppers I had made and asked them if anyone wanted one and let them pick what they wanted. A few years ago, I made enough very simple lap quilts out of scrap flannel fabric so I had enough that everyone could get one. Again, they all chose one. Later my brother complained that there was a problem with the two they had chosen. He said when they sat down after supper to watch a movie, they usually each fell asleep a bit later under their lap quilts and did not see the end of the movie.
Old 11-24-2022, 07:42 AM

So many good ideas, and also things to consider, presented here. Thank you for all of your thoughtful comments! Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:01 AM

There's a long thread going on here about what happens when quilts are given away and not appreciated. How about saying to the person hosting the Christmas dinner, "I've got a Christmas quilt I've made that needs a home, and I'd love to give it to you to say thanks for hosting us." Give them the opportunity to say no!
Old 11-24-2022, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

I don't agree with 'others feeling left out' thing. It's a game, there will be a winner and the rest losers. If a person can't understand that then shame on them.