Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chubby Chick Quilt trying to kill me

I can't even find the problem? It is sooo cute.
    Good work

i think it looks great, if you are really really no satisfied with it may i suggest sending it to me i could give it a good home ;-)

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, but I looked very carefully and I could not find anything wrong. I guess you will just have to live with this beautiful quilt as is. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
    Reevesfarm,

What a cute quilt! I think it is wonderful just as it is, so why not just say 'bu-bye' to those flying geese.

Is that a little Boston in your avatar? He doesn't have much white on him, so I am wondering. I have a Boston that is almost all black, and there aren't many like that.

Roll Tide!
    Yes! We have two sisters, the one in this pic, Rebs is mostly black. Her sister RubyDoo has much more white in her mask...

We just love them!

Can you post a photo of your actual quilt instead of the stock photo so we can see what you are having a problem with? As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words :) I'm sure someone here can give you some good helpful advice if we can see what's happening. I love the pattern. What is the name of it?

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
    Can you post a photo of your actual quilt instead of the stock photo so we can see what you are having a problem with? As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words :) I'm sure someone here can give you some good helpful advice if we can see what's happening. I love the pattern. What is the name of it?
    Go back a little farther in the posts and you will find a pic of her quilt.

I'd take it in a minute!
    It looks WONDERFUL

Dee
    Cute little puppy. Love your quilt. Nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
    Go back a little farther in the posts and you will find a pic of her quilt.
    My bad...I must have skipped a page and did not see the new pic. Looks like you got your good advice though regarding accurate seam allowances and careful pressing without stretching as well as easier and faster ways to make flying geese. I'm still not seeing prairie points in any of this though. I know sometimes the abbreviations we use are confusing. PP can be paper piecing or prairie points but they are definitely two distinctly different terms. I think your quilt is looking very cute!

HUH? Can't find a darn thing wrong with it ! Love it !!

That pattern is just adorable!

I'm sorry, I can't help at all, because I see nothing wrong with what you have done. Its a precious little quilt. And I am sure it will be loved

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't help, but I love your quilt. God bless.

I think this is absolutely gorgeous and I can't see a thing wrong with it. I only hope after another couple of years of trying I can make something as pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by boyettemom
    you wanted it to look like that right? artistic!! It looks great!! I would not change a thing
    Me too! Love it. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    what's the name of the pattern?

The name of the pattern is "Chubby Chicks" and it is a Black Mountain pattern that I purchased as a kit from Connecting Threads.

I have made a pinwheel quilt like yours without the chicks and it was fantastic. Made with 30's reproduction fabrics for my first great-niece. Here's the link to that quilt which explains very clearly how to do prairie points. It was my first try and it was very easy. TIP: I used Elmer's Glue, using a fine tip applicator, and lightly glued the prairie points since they overlap. The glue keeps them in place as you sew. The finished product was very professional looking and added some bling to my quilt.
    http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/03/...aby-quilt.html

Your Chubby Chick Quilt is adorable. I love chickens too. I did not notice anything wrong with your triangles. Take a bow girl you haven't lost the points on any of them. I some times have problems with that. I just love the chicks. Being a farm gal I did have some exposure to chicks. I really like the green you used. Don't change anything. It is sweet the way it is.

Power Poster
    So cute.

Its adorable!

sorry, I can't see passed how adorable this chubby little chick quilt is. Some times me thinks that when something turns out a certain way, regardless of what the pattern says, it's the way it was suppose to look. And yours is adorable.

I have that pattern & just love it. I have had it for about 6 mo now & still haven't made it tho. You did a wonderful job! You have given me incentive to start mine!

By the way I have been a member of this board for several months & this is my first time to post a comment. I took a quilting course about 8 yrs ago & immed went to work so am just now taking up the thing I love again. I've made 3 lap quilts so far, but need to quilt them. I retired about 2 yrs ago & am trying to get back into the groove. Love this site!

I love it and I can't see anything but darling little quilt!

Your first comment!!! How cool is that! I am new to this, started about 3-4 months ago. So far I have learned from mistakes, internet videos, and this great forum.

I got some great advice in this thread...if I was starting over I would definitely paper piece the Flying Geese or choose an alternate border...

Please post a pic when you finish yours!

Quote Originally Posted by alpha39
    I have that pattern & just love it. I have had it for about 6 mo now & still haven't made it tho. You did a wonderful job! You have given me incentive to start mine!

By the way I have been a member of this board for several months & this is my first time to post a comment. I took a quilting course about 8 yrs ago & immed went to work so am just now taking up the thing I love again. I've made 3 lap quilts so far, but need to quilt them. I retired about 2 yrs ago & am trying to get back into the groove. Love this site!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast