Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 01-22-2010, 05:46 AM

Very nice! I am thankful for the challenge. I have been going to get around to it for a long time.This forum has encouraged me to get it done. Thanks to all those with photos and encouragement! I'll have more pictures to post soon.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:57 AM

I actually clean mine up often. When I am too tired to sew, I get in a cleaning mood. Then when I want to sew, it is nice and neat! I guess I just want to be around the stuff!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 AM

Great job Patti, love your idea of putting yarn in the see through containers...may have to borrow that idea.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Many of you keep saying you don't have enough space. You have space, you have too much stuff. Start getting rid of stuff. If you don't love it, dump it. It is very freeing. I started a few years ago by selling my china, only used it twice and had moved it seven times. No, I didn't "get what it is worth", as everyone said. But I did get rid of a millstone around my neck. Husband and I have been divorced over 20 years and my children didn't want it. If you think your children will want to inherit it, ask them, then send it to live with them. I tell you it is the most freeing thing you will ever do.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 PM

I cleaned my sewing room. Took pictures before I started. Then I went to Menards to look at cabients for good storage. Got inspired by some of the pictures of others sewing rooms. Well Menards was going to cost quite a bit, would rather buy fabric. So put it on hold. Then my husband suggested we look at Lowe's. They are clearanceing theres. Got the same cabients for less than half the price. As soon as we get them in, I will post before and after pictures. I have a very small area that I work in. Can't make to big of a mess or can't get in. LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 05:59 PM

I am looking for storage also, what is the name of them and the model number so I can go look at my local Lowe's.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Nice job, Pzazz. I've never seen yarn balls before, that must be a lot of yarn!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM

One of the things I knit for sale are fuzzy baby booties. These big balls were so inexpensive on clearance, I couldn't pass them up.

Patti
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
I am looking for storage also, what is the name of them and the model number so I can go look at my local Lowe's.
They are called Closetmaid, come in white, oak and cherry colored. The cabinets are designed for the inside of closets, but will work good for the space I have. They are shelves that you can add drawers or doors to. We had to order one set of doors and they are not here yet. I can hardly wait to get them in and things put away. Good luck finding them and I hope they work for you.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:19 PM

thank you