Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:59 PM

I am with you I have started already. with a 30 dollar investment at wal-mart I got all my thread and some of my notions all in one neat spot. A drawer for my embroidery thread, ne for quilting thread one for sewing thread, one for surging thread and one for metallic and bobbins. With a drawer left for stabelizer and one for notions. A great investment!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54869.jpe  
Old 01-24-2010, 03:33 PM

yes this is what i am doing with mine. I have smal plastc drawers with strips from 1 inch , up to 4 inches in different drawers.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by Nursesews
I have that same sewing station!!! Don't you love it?? Your room looks great, it is pouring buckets today so I am working on mine :wink:
i do love my sewing station..however I feel it was over priced for the quality that it is..what do you think?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by marla
Love the room and your sewing space. I see some empty spots that I would be filling up. Aren't you glad I'm not there?
no because I need help to build my stash!! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by blahel
Originally Posted by Nursesews
I have that same sewing station!!! Don't you love it?? Your room looks great, it is pouring buckets today so I am working on mine :wink:
i do love my sewing station..however I feel it was over priced for the quality that it is..what do you think?
Oh yeah!!! But so glad I got it when I did, they started making them here in the states and the price went even higher :thumbdown:
Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 AM

[quote

Please! Please! photos of the rotary ruler rack, with all the above items on it.....I have such a mess of supplies, projects, etc. and my mess is so depressing. Thanks for sharing.[/quote]

Ok am I blind I don't see the ruler rack...love this rm i keep going back and just drooling.
glad you all are enjoying it-wish it were mine.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:47 AM

[quote=Sharon321]Many of you keep saying you don't have enough space. You have space, you have too much stuff. Start getting rid of stuff. If you don't love it, dump it. It is very freeing. quote]

Sharon, I am on the same page as you! I am getting rid of stuff! I already got one set of dishes packed up. I am working on the rest of the house, and my sewing stash now. I am hoping to have a great sewing space soon, and very organized and inspirational! Hubby kept after me to save it for a garage sale, but that is alot of work also! I am just giving some away (taking the tax write off) and it is such a good feeling! It is very freeing!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 AM

Amen Sister
Old 01-25-2010, 08:07 AM

I agree, getting rid of stuff is a wonderful feeling. We have Purple Heart Charities for veterans and their families that comes to our community once a month. Today I got rid of six trash bags filled with stuff. What a burden lifting experience. Today I start getting rid of more stuff for next month's pickup. Every day I try topart with something that really isn't needful and is just taking up space. One quilter's trash/ stash is truly another's treasure.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 AM

I have been sorting and cleaning, selling and donating. Things are looking neater and I am enjoying getting closer to having everything in order. It does take time and I do get overwhelmed like the rest of ya'll. I have been slowly getting the whole house neat and organized. It takes time and energy. I do more on the weekends when my kids are at their dad's than any other time. The rest of the time I focus on keeping the areas clean. I do my cleaning early mornings and just before bed. I like getting up and going to bed knowing things are not a total mess. Ya'll are really doing a great job. Any progress is better than none. Take ten minutes and sort something. Like everyone is saying ... if you don't love it ... it should go. One goal for 2010 for me is to simplify my life and house. I am doing this by taking small steps as I can. Thanks for this inspiring thread!