Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Emjay
Yes, come on up . We have 3-4 inches of snow; still snowing; and it's cold.

When will you arrive :lol:
Oddly enough, Ill be on my way to Columbus tomorrow morning. I'm going up to visit my daughter and attend a quilt show with her. That is, weather permitting. What a coincidence that you are located there. She actually lives in Dublin and works in Columbus at Nationwide.
About the time I'll be leaving here we should be getting some snow flurries right here in Gainesville, Florida. It's been 20 years since I last saw snow in Gainesville.

8-)
Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Well, how about that.

Where is the quilt show you are attending?

Have fun visiting your daughter.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Bev

Well, how about that.

Where is the quilt show you are attending?

Have fun visiting your daughter.
Here's the site. Are you familiar with the Gallery?
http://www.oac.state.oh.us/riffe/exh...National09.asp
Old 01-08-2010, 02:46 PM

Yes. I have been there to see quilts, althought not this particular show. I can't tell whether these were at The Dairy Barn or not. It was fun to be at the Dairy Barn this past Summer.

Are art quilts your 'thing'? Or traditional quilting?
Have you attended QSDA in Columbus (Quilt Surface Design Symposium)?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Bev

Yes. I have been there to see quilts, althought not this particular show. I can't tell whether these were at The Dairy Barn or not. It was fun to be at the Dairy Barn this past Summer.

Are art quilts your 'thing'? Or traditional quilting?
Have you attended QSDA in Columbus (Quilt Surface Design Symposium)?
No, I don't make art quilts. I've never been good enough at creating designs. But I love looking at them. I'm pretty traditional. However I LOVE bright colors, and throw them into all my traditional quilts! I attend the big NQA show each year, it's easy for me since my daughter lives there. I have never even heard of the QSDA, sounds interesting. I'll be able to tell you whether this was at the Dairy Barn after I've been there. Will let you know.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by quilter68
I am lol because I did not read 'give updates'. I read give-up date. That will be me if I don't have someone to move heavy stuff.
Lol, that is hysterical, but I sure do like the way you read it. Might be easier too.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by hokieappmom
Wendy, you're not alone in being overwhelmed. I went for months saying I was going to organize. And I finally just took it a little at a time. After 2 months, I finally finished. I'm so happy with it now that I love going in there. And because it did take me so long, I have managed to keep it organized so I won't have to go through all that again.
Guess we could all take a few hints from FlyLady, everyday, 15 min at a time and it eventually gets done. You may want to check out her system just for your sewing rooms. I know I should use it, but am not good in the follow thru area!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Donna, does FlyLady have a site? I gather from your comment she does but how do I get to it to see her system. I too am not great in the follow thru area but would desperately like to change. I have to get my room at least emptied out to see how the tables I bought will fit because the 90 day return period expires 1/19. I'm cutting it pretty close since I'm supposed to go with DH to a class over in Grand Rapids Tues evening thru Friday. Plus I've GOT to finish this little quilt for a swap. It has been so fun to read what everyone is doing. I actually WANT to get started. I think it would take me 15 minutes to get from one side of the room to the other. Once I get going, it should be better, I just have to START!!!!!

Rosie, I agree with you. There is no way I can post my before pictures, even though it looks lots better than it did. For me, it has to do with a little five letter word, SHAME. How did I ever let it get that way? I don't really know any of you all personally but I have it in my head that no one could possibly like me if they knew what it was really like. I admire each and every one of you that has posted their 'before' pictures. They give me courage!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
Wendy
Old 01-10-2010, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Donna, does FlyLady have a site? I gather from your comment she does but how do I get to it to see her system. I too am not great in the follow thru area but would desperately like to change. I have to get my room at least emptied out to see how the tables I bought will fit because the 90 day return period expires 1/19. I'm cutting it pretty close since I'm supposed to go with DH to a class over in Grand Rapids Tues evening thru Friday. Plus I've GOT to finish this little quilt for a swap. It has been so fun to read what everyone is doing. I actually WANT to get started. I think it would take me 15 minutes to get from one side of the room to the other. Once I get going, it should be better, I just have to START!!!!!

Rosie, I agree with you. There is no way I can post my before pictures, even though it looks lots better than it did. For me, it has to do with a little five letter word, SHAME. How did I ever let it get that way? I don't really know any of you all personally but I have it in my head that no one could possibly like me if they knew what it was really like. I admire each and every one of you that has posted their 'before' pictures. They give me courage!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
Wendy

Don;t be afraid to post the before picture, I felt shame too but once I posted I sure got busy and fixed the room up so I could post the after pictures. I think most of us make a huge mess when we are involved in a project. Right now I am making a log cabin Quilt, that is 8 fabrics laying out, lots of strips and scraps are hitting the floor, but because I cleaned up before I started it will be easier to put things away when I am done
Old 01-10-2010, 04:32 AM

Me too..once i posted a picture..i had to get busy! I have almost all day to work on the room today..DH working 12 hours..yippee.
i ned to get a quilt,quilted, so i have an extra push to get it done..the sewing table had "stuff" on it..need to get it all put away,before i can actually sew! Kim