Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clover's "wonder clips" for binding >

Clover's "wonder clips" for binding

Clover's "wonder clips" for binding

Old 02-04-2012, 05:12 AM

Default clips

The dollar store ones work just as well and are a lot cheaper, but they are one of my favorite notions. They save a lot of pin pricks when binding. Love 'em.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:17 AM

I use them and really like them and have given them as gifts and everybody seems to like them especially long arm quilters. I also use them for mark hems of clothing. Smart buy and I will buy more.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:29 AM

I only use one too!!! I've seen quilters with a king size and the whole thing clipped with hundreds. Must weigh a ton!!!!

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
I just went to an all day binding class. It was terriffic. We got to use the binding clips and I did like them. The joke was that you only needed one ... so buy a card or 10 and share with 9 friends. The clips are good for normal binding ... not so much for larger or fuller binding.

ali
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 AM

I have them and use them all the time. They are flat on the bottom and that makes sewing so much more easy for me. BTW--they were invented by a quilting guy and I think he is from San Francisco.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:36 AM

I bought them as well and the concept is wonderful however I have a physical difficulty when it comes to using my thumb and these little clips are almost impossible for me to 'unclip'...they are very strong which is a good thing! Needless to say I don't (or can't) use them!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by QM View Post
I have not tried those. I use hair clips from the dollar store. I think these might be better.
Me too QM. The dollar store hair clip work fine for me also.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:13 AM

This is the method I used. This is a three part series of videos, watch them all through. Even if you use your clips and not her method there is great info here. Get yourself a cup of coffee and sit back and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PE0Yq9iGlc
Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 AM

I order a package of the wonder clips, they work great but are almost to small for me to handle. reason for that is I have termors
so small(large also) items are hard for me to control. but they are nice, hair clips didn't hold as well for me.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 AM

I love them. They also fit under the machine (if I want to machine bind) and they slip around on the fabric easily if you need to move them, or they stay put.

I used to use the dritz (?) brand binder clips, but those are so hard to fiddle with since they are the big spring type and don't slide out of the way very easily.

I only use the office supply binder clips to keep sections together (per suggestion from Judy Neimeyer - I took a class from her).
Old 02-04-2012, 09:16 AM

I use them all the time and like them very much.
Not so great on heavy fabrics but for that material I use the binder clips that I get at Staples in bulk