Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
the color in your sewing room?? >

the color in your sewing room??

the color in your sewing room??

Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 PM

My walls are soft peach with a white ceiling, white trim and white fixtures. It makes me happy :-P
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM

My room is bright lime green with white trim and white bookshelves and sewing table! The lime is my signature/favorite color and makes me happy. It is so SASSY! If you want yellow I think you should have exactly what you want - what will make you smile every single time you go into that room!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:38 PM

You could always get a full spectrum task lamp. I have a ceiling fixture with full spectrum bulbs and a small task light (Ott lamp) with a full spectrum bulb. They really help to see true colors.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Google Goddess

idea, in our family room is where I sew now, the walls were the dark paneling, I just took indoor light ivory paint and painted over the paneling and is so light and bright now instead of the dark paneling, I left the dark woodwork to give it some contrast
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 AM

My sewing room is raspberry sherbet with navy blue and cream accents. It is a bright happy room, and I love spending time in here. It also holds my desk and computer too.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by CindyBee
I have yellow walls. Nice and cheery! My fabric colors look the same to me in any room.
I agree. My sewing room also has sunny lemon yellow walls and it doesn't cause a bit of trouble with seeing the colors of my fabric.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM

My DH told me last night that he is no longer going to use the office in his garage and that I can have it as my new sewing room. It is much nicer than the area that I now have located in our unfinished basement. I originally thought that I would repaint etc. However, I went out there last night and just sat and dreamed. The current walls are a light grey with white molding and the cabinets are white. There are several Hot Rod posters and related signs on the walls. I decided that I am going to leave the signs and the paint. The light gray is the perfect background to make fabric samples pop. There is a large window in the office that looks out to the garage where I can watch my DH and DS work on their hot rods and other projects. The room has a 5 CD changer, TV with cable, dorm fridge, coffee pot, micro wave, huge U shaped computer desk that I will use for sewing and cutting, computer, two cork bulletin boards, shelves etc. I never thought that I would ever have such a nice place to sew. Yay me!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JEM65
My room is bright lime green with white trim and white bookshelves and sewing table! The lime is my signature/favorite color and makes me happy. It is so SASSY! If you want yellow I think you should have exactly what you want - what will make you smile every single time you go into that room!
just wait till you go to repaint that lime green. my sewing room was 1 wall of lime green and the other 3 were hot pink... it took 2 coats of tinted primer and then 3 coats of paint and you can still see the lime in spots! it was not fun to cover.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My DH told me last night that he is no longer going to use the office in his garage and that I can have it as my new sewing room. It is much nicer than the area that I now have located in our unfinished basement. I originally thought that I would repaint etc. However, I went out there last night and just sat and dreamed. The current walls are a light grey with white molding and the cabinets are white. There are several Hot Rod posters and related signs on the walls. I decided that I am going to leave the signs and the paint. The light gray is the perfect background to make fabric samples pop. There is a large window in the office that looks out to the garage where I can watch my DH and DS work on their hot rods and other projects. The room has a 5 CD changer, TV with cable, dorm fridge, coffee pot, micro wave, huge U shaped computer desk that I will use for sewing and cutting, computer, two cork bulletin boards, shelves etc. I never thought that I would ever have such a nice place to sew. Yay me!
WOW -- sounds like an ideal room! You can go in there and never have to come out for anything..... :lol:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM

I know! It is a dream come true. My DH spent a great deal of money building a detached over sized three car garage with an office a few years ago. It is much nicer than our home. LQTM. But now he has glaucoma and leukemia so he has to slow down a little. I can't wait to get in there and start moving him OUT! If I sound heartless, I'm sorry. Inside I am really sad that his health is the reason that he is giving up his dream. That is one of the reasons that I have decided to leave his Hot Rod signs up.