Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Colors for Dear Jane?? >

Colors for Dear Jane??

Colors for Dear Jane??

Old 10-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

if you can afford the price of the DJ Block Clubs then the only problems i see are

1) its a 2 year project and we'll be done in 16 months tops

2) we might not have the same schedule as the club

so, you could certainly be in the group and work on different blocks then the group each month but we'll be done a full 8 months before you would be.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:55 AM

Okay, you can count me in for the January one. I have been looking at my stash and have loads of colours that will suit.

Have just to get a good deal on the software.

Elle
Old 10-03-2009, 03:57 AM

After doing my M5s I am ready for a DJ! I worried I couldn't do anything this small, but I found my blocks are more accurate- can you imagine that?

Anyway- I'm going to do civil war repros. Going to start looking for the software. And- bonus- lqs has a paper piecing class in Nov. My prayers are answered. Thought I was going to have to pack everything up and go to Klue's house to do the more difficult ones. :)

Bring it on.....

Barb
Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
After doing my M5s I am ready for a DJ! I worried I couldn't do anything this small, but I found my blocks are more accurate- can you imagine that?

Anyway- I'm going to do civil war repros. Going to start looking for the software. And- bonus- lqs has a paper piecing class in Nov. My prayers are answered. Thought I was going to have to pack everything up and go to Klue's house to do the more difficult ones. :)

Bring it on.....

Barb
Barb I have been looking for the software and found JoAnns to be the cheapest so far at 37.99$, but unfortunately for me the donīt post abroad, but you can go for it.

Elle
Old 10-03-2009, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Yea Elle!!! I"m so glad you are gonna take the plunge! :D :D

Yea Barb!!! I kinda like the little blocks too and being the more traditionalist...I'm going for the civil war repro look also. Have fun in your PP class...Klue will probably feel kinda crowded when we all show up for her help! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-03-2009, 04:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Okay, you can count me in for the January one. I have been looking at my stash and have loads of colours that will suit.

Have just to get a good deal on the software.

Elle
excellent!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Barbm

Bring it on.....

Barb
you can still do that - PA isn't that far from my house, you could drive here in a few hours.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yea Elle!!! I"m so glad you are gonna take the plunge! :D :D

Yea Barb!!! I kinda like the little blocks too and being the more traditionalist...I'm going for the civil war repro look also. Have fun in your PP class...Klue will probably feel kinda crowded when we all show up for her help! :lol: :lol:
i've been looking for an excuse to take over DH's studio and this would work. he has about 1200 square feet and i have 300.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:37 AM

I buy 1/8 yards of fabric for my Dear Jane and give half of each to my daughter (who is also making a Dear Jane). So far, B-1 is the only block that I needed a wider piece for. I'm using unbleached muslin for the background.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:21 AM

Good tip, thanks

Elle