Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Colors for Dear Jane?? >

Colors for Dear Jane??

Colors for Dear Jane??

Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

we go to hong kong about 3 times a year. when i was in school we would go for every break but now its not that easy to just drop everything and hop on a plane.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

But still....3 times is pretty much and it is such a long flight! My cousin used to take mega novels to read during the flight... :lol:
Old 10-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Banned

i take a sleeping pill :D
Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i think it would work great.

i bought a strip it fabric and the strips are 2.5 inches wide and it will work fine for most of the blocks and then i bought a few various yards for when i need a large piece.

here's a pic of the fabric
Klue,
Where did you purchase this fabric and have you ever seen it in pink?

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Banned

i think i purchased mine for quilted cottage but i know whittles now has it at the same price.

i haven't seen anything in pink yet - Faye Burgos is the one who puts out the strip it fabric thru Marcus Fabrics.

Faye has been putting a strip it type fabric in about 3 of the last fabric lines she has put out. she has the gallery in red, then she did it in tone on tone black, and she did it with her asian fabric line.

i really love this style of fabric because you get so many matching prints in one handy piece of fabric.

the only thing you should be aware of when working with this fabric is the strips will not be perfectly straight
Old 10-09-2009, 06:56 AM

I didn't realize until I got the software in my hands that she did an "around the world" type thing with the colors. I will be matching the color of each of the original blocks so that I don't end up with a "blob" of blue in one section, for example, cause I made the blocks out of any old color I wanted. I do want to put the blocks in the same order.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:01 AM

i think i purchased mine for quilted cottage but i know whittles now has it at the same price.

i haven't seen anything in pink yet - Faye Burgos is the one who puts out the strip it fabric thru Marcus Fabrics.

Faye has been putting a strip it type fabric in about 3 of the last fabric lines she has put out. she has the gallery in red, then she did it in tone on tone black, and she did it with her asian fabric line.

i really love this style of fabric because you get so many matching prints in one handy piece of fabric.

the only thing you should be aware of when working with this fabric is the strips will not be perfectly straight

Thanks Klue
Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kwhite
I didn't realize until I got the software in my hands that she did an "around the world" type thing with the colors. I will be matching the color of each of the original blocks so that I don't end up with a "blob" of blue in one section, for example, cause I made the blocks out of any old color I wanted. I do want to put the blocks in the same order.
i heard someone mention this before what is a "around the world" color layout?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
i heard someone mention this before what is a "around the world" color layout?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/21360.page

This is a good example

I'm going to do my dj in a trip around the world color layout.

You can see it good in the center of the dj until the pink row then it kind of falls apart.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

thanks for the link, i really like that layout.