Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Colors in a Quilt, What colors you like and dislike and Why? >

Colors in a Quilt, What colors you like and dislike and Why?

Colors in a Quilt, What colors you like and dislike and Why?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

I've never met a color I didn't like. I do like some a little more than others.
It all depends on the fabric. The combination of colors on it, the size of the print.
Ok, if you won't tell, I'll tell you what I have bundled for family members...shhh!
DH....a BOM with a very pale yellow/creamy background for blocks, with cream flowers,
the appliques will be rust, black-black, and a gorgeous brown with gold and a metallic gold in it. It will have black binding.
DD #1...purples, lavenders and med-dark greens and white.
SS#2...she wants a log cabin with shades of blue from midnight to icy blue with some creamy contrast.
DD#3...fuschia, pink, white
SIL's...have assorted fall fabrics with motifs: wolves, deer, bear, eagles
DGD #1...brights...primaries: royal blue, red, lemon yellow, lime green, spicy bright orange, grape
DGD #2 merlow(a kind of a berry/fuschia), deep pinks, white-white and spring green
DGD #3...'candy' brights..not quite flourescent, but almost
DGD #4...candy brights, but lighter than dgd #3's...not pastel...care bear brights
Me: one bundle has purple, deep pinks, light pinks, a light yellow, a lime green and a spring green with cream.
one bundle has ancient grecian prints in white on an icy blue background, has teals and sea greens on it...will be paired with more blue-greens, white-white...maybe some lavender...not sure...set aside a lot of different things to go with, will decide when the time comes.
one bundle has light yellow, orange, spring greens, pinks, ginghams and florals...some striped
I have bundles with: roses, deep greens, light blues, reds
One bundle has teals and peach florals, grayish blue print, cream
another has: the deep reds, blues, greens, browns, w cream
An array of metallic satins and solid satins for a tree skirt.
I have a bundle with royal, orange, browns, yellows, ginghams, prints, sunflowers...to make a very autumnal, whimsical quilt.
I have a lot of floral fabrics.
Many polka dotted fabrics. Many striped. Several paisleys.
Some batiks, but just got into them in the past two years, bc of board.
Lots of white, cream, ecru, black.
I have grays, blues...I can't think of a color or a shade i don't own.
I love appliques. I love whimsical combinations, seasonal is a biggy, bold and in your face fabrics, soft romantic pinks with creams and light blues, reds, reds, reds, but I heavily lean from a bright red to orange red...yummmers.
I love yellows as a contrast, in every shade and tone.
I love sunset colors, landscapes, I don't like water, but i love the colors, garden colors are delicious...
stained glass :thumbup:
christmas, but I like the colors to be either bright and cheery, or iridescent. I don't like my red and green Christmasy stuff to be 'old' looking.
I like 30's prints with white.
I cant name a favorite color but I do tend to be drawn to the reds. oranges, yellows and pink, corals. Love fuschias.
I love samplers and appliques, and ppl that do, usually love variety. I love variety that complements.
I also like roundish things over angular, most of the time, but sometimes you need both to get a good blend :XD:
Have you figured it out? Mousie loves it all! :mrgreen:
Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Google Goddess

you sure do like it all mousie!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:47 AM

Good for you mousie, I love colors to but I will admit pink is my favorite the lime green and black.