Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Quilt with me Today - 7/15

You gals/guys are so amazing! I'm getting started on tumblers again.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Just wanted to show you my helpers for today. This is Lily Pie and Cooper, holding down the carpet in the sewing room!
    Love your helpers! What breed is cooper?, he kinda looks like mine (my avatar), but a bit smaller I think. He is 5 months old in the pic, was taken on the 4th day we had him, 7/12/09, had knee surgery, so remember the date!

Just joining in the fun now (hubby and I went out for pancakes). I'm working on binding my redwork wallhanging today.

Blog Entries
    Well after drying and ironing the white muslim that I have I think its too thin...you can see through it. I have used it for backing which worked well but I do not think it would be a good idea for this top. I just may need to finish another project. I need to find a pattern that I have somewhere....to finish my last block that I started a year ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mary705 View Post
    Love your helpers! What breed is cooper?, he kinda looks like mine (my avatar), but a bit smaller I think. He is 5 months old in the pic, was taken on the 4th day we had him, 7/12/09, had knee surgery, so remember the date!
    Cooper is a Shepherd, we think he is a Malinois Shepherd which is a Belgium shepherd. He is almost 5 yo, we believe. We rescued him last year after loosing our other German Shepherd, Zeuss, unexpectedly to an aggressive cancer. Cooper was heartworm positive but we choose to go ahead and adopt him and proceeded with the treatment. He has been HW negative since December of 2011!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I;m joining the fun.Just finished the last block for my quilt,now to get it put together and piece the borders.Hope to have time to quilt on a couple of ufo;s.

Got all my 1/2 square triangles cut and pressed. Made my layout for my block. Now ready to start sewing each row together, there are 6 rows. See ya in a bit!!
    Happy Quilting,
    Gena

Hello all, finished reading the sunday papers on the patio with coffee enjoying the cloudy day and a nice breeze. It is muggy inside but am going to bit the bullet and work on putting some swap blocks together into tops. I've let them pile up. I want to make several lap quilts and cat quilts out of them. My cats love to lay on my blocks so figured I'll just make them little quilts to lay on

send thank yous for fabric DONE
    -cut fabric to send DONE
    -cut fabric for mom's wreath
    -maryland block (butterfly)
    -NC block (beach?)
    -cut squares for peace quilt
    -applique for mom's quilt
    -get foam core and have dad cut
    -Put up magnet strips DONE

I'm getting ready to go get foam core.

Love the productivity!

Marne

Ube quiltin that quilt is a great scrappy! Thanks for the tute, one more on the gonna do some day list!

Love the patriotic wall hanging!! Beeen moving slow and spending way too much time checking on everyone elses progress!! LOL..Just finished cutting for my Grandaughters quilt..Now to begin piecing it..Hope to have it sandwiched tonight so I can start the hand quilting....Shouldn't take long to piece, since the blocks are very large due to big patterned fabric she chose. Now the quilting is another story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I plan to sew the rows, borders(?), backing, and prepare the binding strip for this baby quilt

but I need to get this old ufo quilted and off the frame as well
    DebraK, I love your colors and fabrics on both of these quilts! Hope you get them done today, or one at least...

I started taking online classes 9 weeks ago, and sewing went right out the window... I had hoped to be able to join you all today, but am behind in housework and other chores and schoolwork starts again tomorrow! Drat. I may be able to get a baby quilt top sandwiched for hand quilting today... that's something. Will be checking in with all of your progress periodically through the day.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Thank you! I started the throw years and years ago, before I even had a rotary cutter. It's made out of shirts. I wanted to back it with denim, but that never happened!
    It will be nice to have a quilt that *I* made on the bed instead of the $3 thrift store one we have on there now. I had to buy it because the quilt I made for the bed was too small!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicca View Post
    AshleyR.....Your Quilts are Beautiful. Have fun quilting them.
    I haven't gotten around to anything quilty yet. And I didn't get anything from the Farmer Market either!!

Blog Entries
    Such pretty projects going everyone. Thanks for the scrappy inspiration, ube quilting.
    Chicken's in the oven and getting a start on the quilting day. I've been working on minis.
    Pic 1: Sewing blocks together of a crumb mini
    Remaining pics: Auditioning fabrics for mini string blocks--still haven't found the right setting triangles.
    Name:  009rs.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  66.8 KBName:  010rs.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  58.8 KBName:  011rs.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  93.1 KBName:  012rs.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  56.4 KBName:  013rs.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  102.6 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

I'm here today! I'm trying to empty my UFO bin, so I'll be basting more than sewing today. I should have all of my UFOs quilted by the end of the month. I might sew a bag or two today when the basting gets to be too much.
    I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. - Michael J. Fox

Blog Entries
    Oh my, everyone is busy and accomplishing so much! I have made a small dent with my fabrics, realized I needed to do laundry (I do not have a washer/dryer so I have to use my MIL...luckily she is only a couple apartments away) then hang on the line. Now spending some time on the board...then back to the fabric. Thought I would share a photo of my Dodger, who is lingering close by waiting for me to play ball and Chicca who is sleeping on a chair watching my progress (thankfully, she is not on top of the ironing board or the cutting board trying to help like usual.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
    Well I am sort of with you all!! I have just come out of hospital having had total left knee replacement!! DH has just loaded washing machine and is now vacuuming!! I am sitting in a sunny window doing hexagons in 1930s repro fabrics with a nice cup of coffee!!! I could get used to this!!!!!
    I had a knee replacement 7 weeks ago. Do your physical therapy and enjoy being waited on and taken care of. It will end too soon I'm afraid.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

I love the sashings that you put on your butterflies carolaug. They just make those butterflies sing!!!if butterflies sing.

Home from church, had a veggie salad, and crystal lite peach tea. And of course, I had to read all the responses that have been added since I last looked.
    I am ready to head upstairs to the sewing room. I am hopefully to get as much done as I did yesterday. See you later.

Blog Entries
    Well, I couldn't sleep last night so in the wee hours of this morning, I put the border on my "Back to School" door hanging. I thought every teacher should have one on her front door. When I saw the Sally, Dick and Jane fabric, I knew exactly what I would use it for. It just reminds me of school and when we actually learned how to read with names we could pronounce and sight words we had to learn. I guess my door hanging is ready to quilt.

Also, finished big sister's college t-shirt, so it is ready for move in day in August. Still need to work on Grandma's, Mom's and Dad's. We plan on wearing them on move in day.

I am also working today on cutting out 7" batik squares for my rainbow quilt. I love batiks but they can be a little wompy and out of shape at times. Going to sash these block with white, white so they look like they are floating. Can't wait to see the results.

Then I need to roll more fabric on comic book boards. I swear the fabric multiplies when I shut off the lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Love the way you updated the DJ&S motifs with borders and graphic fabric. I have some too and wasn't sure how to make it look more nontraditional. Thanks.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Blog Entries
    Well...was interupted...hubby was on a cleaning kick...must admit glad we throughly cleaned...so much cat hair...its weird we did not notice it until we started to clean. I have one more closet to check for that pattern. Really hope I can find it. I also made some home made pie crust. Now in the frig for 4 hours. I bought some pie crust yesterday..wow...I do not remember them costing so much. The Blueberry peach pie is just about gone...the hubby eat most of it. It was so yummy!

Blog Entries
    I just started cleaning out one of my closets..and found my glasses that I have been missing for 6 months....Yippee!!! I can see again...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
    I just started cleaning out one of my closets..and found my glasses that I have been missing for 6 months....Yippee!!! I can see again...
    Sorry, I can't stop giggling!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I have been working on a 5 point star block. I am trying to explode/expand the points away from the central shape. Started at about 6 am. It is past noon now,
    and I have this:

I have to go see my mom, so I'll return to the star another day.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast