Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Come Quilt wit me Today - 8/19 (Sorry it's late!!)

Blog Entries
    Well, when my husband went to Sturgis, they rode thru some states without helmets and off blew his dude rag twice. I was not crazy about him riding without a helmet anyway, but then he lost two dude rags...uh! I told him that he can't afford to loose brain cells on the pavement.

Well, here are the pictures I promised once I finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

I had a really productive day today, despite my troubles with my paper piecing project. Finished binding on 2 quilts. Attached binding on 2 others. Made 3 block of the month blocks. Still behind by 3, but I'm closer now. And I made a backing and loaded my next quilt on the long arm. Just have to decide how I want to quilt it.

I showed some of my blocks earlier. Here is the July block from the Blogger's Block of the Month - finished just in time for the August block to come out this week.

Name:  P8190265.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  87.3 KB

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Rachel, thanks for setting these up--it's such a grat idea! Unlike some, I didn't finish my list, although the only thing left undone is to prepare the appliqué pieces for my monthly block swap. On the flip side, the sea turtles quit is complete, including the binding.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

It was nice to pop in tonight to see what everyone had accomplished.... Unfortunately I didn't get into the sewing room at all, but had a fun day at the track. Thanks everyone for posting pictures.

I made four placemats from my left over "chicken" fabric and may try quilting one today, to see how it goes. But I also have many household demands that have nothing to do with quiltmaking or sewing so may have to do those first. Duty calls...and occasionally has to be answered!

auntpiggylpn, I'm glad Windsor is okay and you found him.

AshleyR, your quilt is beautiful.
    Heather

Hey Rachel, do you have a date in mind for next month's virtual quilting? I had a great time following everyone's progress, and got a ton done thanks to the incentive of the virtual party.

so beautiful. I remember when you started this.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I'm working on a quilt with a deadline of September 8th!! I got the blocks all sewn together yesterday and I just finished laying the back, batting and each block together so after I get home from work I can start quilting each block!

Good morning all! After enjoying a cup of coffee on the patio with my DH in this beautiful weather, I will work on finishing a quilt with a Sept. 13th deadline. Almost ready to start the binding process. Pleased with work over the weekend and I can do this, I can do this ...... Happy quilting!

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

Krista, I like the first setting.

I really like, no LOVE, this! I would say don't rip it. Beautiful blocks. Where are the patterns, or did you design them?
    Kathy in TX

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Hoping my thread will die quietly, now that Rachel has started the official one. So I'm cross posting my plea for help on this thread.

I just pulled out all the finished blocks for my BOM, and I discovered that I have sewed half of my connecting blocks together in mirror image Now I have to decide - redesign the quilt, or do a *lot* of ripping. Help! please look below, and tell me which you prefer. The blue/red block in the upper row is reversed in the 2 pictures. Do you like the symmetrical alternating light/dark (pic 1), or the all dark (pic 2) around the middle block?

Attachment 356557
    Attachment 356556

Quote Originally Posted by KathyPhillips View Post
    I really like, no LOVE, this! I would say don't rip it. Beautiful blocks. Where are the patterns, or did you design them?
    Kathy in TX
    The pattern is called Dancing with the Stars. It's a block of the month - this one started in Feb, but it seems that this location is starting again this October http://www.stitchinheaven.com/stitch...rams.asp#dance I'm not sure if you can buy the patterns, but if you did some searching you could probably find out.

A lot of quilt stores seem to have it as a BOM, so you might want to check with your local store or your favourite on-line store for it.

What a productive afternoon. I have worked on the quilt with a 9/13 deadline today (108"x108" - huge) and it is now ready to hand stitch the self binding. If the quilt police knew how long I have worked on this quilt (4 years) and saw how many mistakes I have made along the way (first quilt-big big learning curve) - they would put me away for life!

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

OOooooooh Like the blocks just as thy are.

I'm going to work on hand sewing the binding to a baby quilt I'm working on. Hopefully get started on a T-shirt quilt for my nephew. Never made one, so a little intimidated with cutting up the shirts.

Blog Entries
    I'm finishing a quilt for my DGD - made from dresses I made for her when she was 5 and 6. I just have the binding to finish, and then I'll post a pic. I just finished embroidering the 'label' on the binding. When I finish here on the Board, I'll duck back into my cave and finish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3