Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Fabric

I've gotten kits, fabric, thread and lots of other "stuff" and have always been pleased. I think the fabric is great. Go for it!

I have bought their fabric and have loved it. I am totally addicted to their charm packs especially for the price. I use it mainly to make pincushions and they turn out so beautiful. Have only ordered 1 of the kits (pincushion) and was very pleased w/ product, directions and they do ship quickly!
    I think if you try them you will not be disappointed. Have converted several of my friends to ordering and they are pleased!

Blog Entries
    I have found their thread and fabric to be very good quality.

Just love CT. I have never had any problems with their fabric or thread. Love the prices. Free shipping over $50.

I love their fabric and thread. In fact I just ordered from them this morning. Free shipping for anything over $50. That's great.Fabric is good quality.

I'm one who doesn't really care for their fabric. I've only ordered FQ and charm packs, but the fabric seems to be more loosely woven and feels like it has a coating of some sort on it. I am, by no means, a fabric "snob". I buy at my LQS only when I buy their end-of-bolt or clearance. Online I prefer to buy from Marshall Dry Goods or Missouri Star Quilt Co, or a couple others that my old, tired brain can't remember right now.

i really, really like their thread and am super excited about their prices!!! i've FMQ several spools of the thread already with no problems.
    and the quality of their fabrics are nice. i'm on my second quilt with this fabric. no worries at all with the fabric.
    looking forward to ordering more thread and rotary blades. :)
    a

I too only use quilt shop/name brand fabrics, but do use CT's neutral threads-(last catalog their price did go up 50 cents).

cc
    I bought a pillowcase kit from them. It was not pre-cut, just yardage. I have not washed the fabric yet, so I don't know how it will perform. But the fabric is the softest 100% cotton I've ever felt. I guess that makes me skeptical, since quilt shop fabrics are not like this.

I have found that the fabric and thread from Connecting Threads are great and THEY JUST DROPPED THIER PRICES. I got a notice that blenders are now $3.96 and most other fabrics are $4.96. They also have batiks, haven't tried them but I plan to at just $5.96 a yard. Sometimes a few of the fabrics I received have seemed to be woven a little loose, but they are just wonderful after a quick wash and have been holding up for me for the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    they are a great on-line source for fabrics, threads and notions. they have good sales, very reasonable fabric prices and Great customer service! i would not hesitate ordering from them...in fact, placed an order with them just this morning.
    I agree with all the above except I placed an order with them yesterday.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I order from them quite a bit and have been very happy with everything I have received.

Connecting Threads fabrics are much cheaper because its made entirely in USA and they don't have to pay import
    tariff taxes on it. They also grow the cotton in USA.
    The fabric is very good quality. I have been using their threads for years and have bought a couple of kits and was
    very pleased.

see the thread topic connecting threads

I have purchased a crib sized quilt and am very pleased with the quality. I would be interested in trying their line of thread. Friends from my quilting group have used it and use it all the time now. Have any of you tried their thread?

After reading everyone's thoughts I placed an order yesterday. Bought a kit and couple of other things. Can't wait to get the package.

I like having a local quilt shop to go to when I need something right away. Plus they offer classes and assistance all is priceless.

There are so many fabric and thread companies out there. It gets confusing because when I go to the LQS they preach buy only this brand.

Does any one have and guide lines or rules they live by when it comes to purchasing fabric and thread?

Blog Entries
    I have ordered and used their thread for a couple of years.. It is great cotton thread.. never has a knot.. not much lint.. beautiful smooth thread.. I'll keep ordering from them.. I've had great customer service.

I only used a bit of their fabric.. what I got was fine. I liked it and it seemed very nice to me.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just ordered the catalog and checked out the website needless to say I am very excited to get the catalog and probably will be ordering from them I was inpressed with the prices.

i use thier thread as well in all of my machines

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Marie
    Has anyone purchased any of their kits and/or made something using their material? I am thinking about buying one of their kits and was wondering what others thought about their material. Lisa
    I bought a horse kit. It was beautiful in the picture, when I finished sewing it and showed it to my friends, they couldn't tell it was a horse head till I told them what it was. The fabric in the kit was very different from the picture. BE CAREFUL. Sophie

Lisa Marie,

To answer your question, I buy fabric depending on the intended use of the project I am making. For large or time-consuming projects, or things I care a lot about, I always buy fabric that is nice and thick, with a high thread count and thick threads. This usually means name-brand fabric, like Moda. You can usually tell by a combination of feel as well as how well you can (or can't) see through the fabric. For wall-hangings or quick and easy projects, I gladly buy lesser quality, cheaper fabric from CT, Joann's, or other discount stores. Even when buying LQS quality fabric, I sometimes deal-search using websites like fabric.com, and I have found some fabulous deals on name-brand fabric at fat quarter shop's sale pages. The way I look at it, if I'm making a quilt I want to last a lifetime, I need to invest in the best quality materials for the project. Cheaply made fabric will hold up for a while, but eventually is likely to fade, wear thin, and fall apart.

For thread, I only use Mettler and other threads that produce just as little lint in my Bernina, because that's what my dealer told me to do. I view my Bernina as an investment that I need to take care of, so I do what I'm told. In my other machines, I am willing to use lesser-quality thread, but only if I'm using lesser quality fabric. If I'm using high-quality fabric, I use high-quality thread. I tend to try not to mix qualities in my materials in any given project.

HTH!

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by laureneberhard
    Just got their new catalog with LOTS of new fabrics and lower prices!! Can't beat that for caring about the quilters of the world!!

I have used their fabric and threads..Absolutely no complaints here.
    Me too. I really like their fabrics and dealing with them.
    They get my vote!

I haven't tried CT but I have bought fabric on-line from Fabric.com. Their prices are lower than CT. While they don't have the same color choices, the fabric is first quality; all 100% cotton and I believe all are made in the USA. If you haven't checked them out I highly recommend that you do.

I have purchased books and thread from CT. The books, when they are on sale, are the cheapest I've found anywhere. The thread, I think, is better quality than Coats & Clark. Recently I purchased one yard of fabric, just to test the quality, I found it extremely soft and weighty. It's a small sampling, but I think I'll try again. I'm attracted to their solids, especially the white. I have a real problem finding a white I like.

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S
    I have purchased books and thread from CT. The books, when they are on sale, are the cheapest I've found anywhere. The thread, I think, is better quality than Coats & Clark. Recently I purchased one yard of fabric, just to test the quality, I found it extremely soft and weighty. It's a small sampling, but I think I'll try again. I'm attracted to their solids, especially the white. I have a real problem finding a white I like.
    Sorry I don't mean to mess up this thread, but I wanted you to know that I had the same problem with white fabric until I found Kona's "Snow." It's especially good with 30's fabrics, but I've used it with just about every color, and loved it.
    And I agree with you about Connecting Thread's solids. Very nice.

8-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast