Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Fabric >

Connecting Threads Fabric

Connecting Threads Fabric

Old 08-19-2010, 03:22 AM

As I mentioned before on a thread.I have bought their fabric in large quantity when they have it on 1/2 off sale..and I am very pleased with it. They have some very patterns to chose from for backings.

I was not sorry and I will definitely buy again.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 AM

I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM ,NOT EVERYBODY CAN AFFORD HIGH PRICED MAT. IF THEY WANT TO QUILT I SAY BUYH WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD BELEIVE ME IF YOU GIVE QUILTS AWAY NO ONE IS GOING TO ASK YOU WHAT YOU PAID OR WHERE FROM.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:41 AM

I agree with Mattee--their fabric is thin and hardly any color on the back, in fact, rather white-ish.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:49 AM

The fabric I bought from Connecting threads, the frost line, when it was on sale(because I'm cheap and well I saw it when it was on sale) was really decent fabric. It's silky smooth and heavy fabric. I haven't noticed any differance and in fact it may be thicker then the scraps I got from the Bernina store.

Though to be honest, I haven't noticed a whole heck of a lot of difference in quilt shop fabric vs Joanns(gasp) or Hancocks. But I will have to say Connecting threads has some of the best quality that I've bought.

The reason they are so cheap if you go and read them on their site, is that they cut out the middleman. They order directly from the mills instead of a another person who delivers it to the quilt shop.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 AM

i think thier kits are awesome and the fabric is quality. go ahead, you won't be sorry!
if you can get a friend to order with you, you can get free shipping if you order $50.00!
the new connecting threads mag came the other day, and the thread is back and the new fabrics look super!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:26 AM

I've been ordering from Connecting Threads for about a year and a half, and am very surprised at the comments that their fabrics are not good quality. ALL of the fabrics I have received are very, very nice. They don't feel like they are mostly sizing with a little fabric thrown in. I have to say that I've bought LQS fabric that didn't seem to match the quality of the fabric I ordered through Connecting Threads. I have also gotten to where I only use their Essential Threads.

I think it may be that how each of us defines 'quality fabric' might have slightly different criteria, based on our past experiences and intentions for that fabric. There are no wrong answers.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:30 AM

I have gotten quite a bit of fabric from CT and I have found that it is really good fabric, I have made a couple of baby quilts out of them and they hold up really well. I have compared CT fabric with LQS fabric and couldn't tell the difference in them. I will continue to buy my fabric from CT, and if they make a mistake in your order they will fix it really quick.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
I've been ordering from Connecting Threads for about a year and a half, and am very surprised at the comments that their fabrics are not good quality. ALL of the fabrics I have received are very, very nice. They don't feel like they are mostly sizing with a little fabric thrown in. I have to say that I've bought LQS fabric that didn't seem to match the quality of the fabric I ordered through Connecting Threads. I have also gotten to where I only use their Essential Threads.

I think it may be that how each of us defines 'quality fabric' might have slightly different criteria, based on our past experiences and intentions for that fabric. There are no wrong answers.
I will also add, that their thread breaks less in my machine, then the other 100 percent cotton that I've used. The non Connecting threads cotton thread was purchased both at quilt shops and hancoks or Joanns. The thread at Connecting threads is value for your money, you would look at paying 15 or more at a store for the amount you get and it doesn't break as often.

Right I need to go find some caffeine, I may or may not have made sense.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by krob
I agree with Mattee--their fabric is thin and hardly any color on the back, in fact, rather white-ish.
I don't know when you bought there fabric but I am very satisfied with the high quality of their fabric and thread. It is not "name brand" because it is all made for them. I have never had a piece that I did not think was comparable to high end quilt shop fabric.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 AM

I have bought their kits...they give you way more than needed. I like their fabrics. On the charm packs , check the number os charms as their have way less than Moda