Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Fabric

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just recived a kit as a gift from a very speiecal lady, and some fabric, and it is high qulity, very thick and soft. I love it. God bless.

Blog Entries
    I have bought their fabric and found it very good quality. I also bought their Egyptian cotton thread and was not happy with it. It twisted and when hand sewing, the ends raveled.

Blog Entries
    I shop from CT many times. I ordered all their threads, many fabrics,kits, and other items. I bought many kits at great clearance prices so I was able to save and buy more.They are great on the phone, not to mention fast delivery. I spend hours[ask my DH] looking at the quilts and even using their free patterns. Plus meeting many nice and caring people. So I highly recommend them to everyone!!!! Happy quilting!

I have bought kits, fabric and thread from Connecting Threads, and all are top quality. Their fabric is quilt shop quality, and has been priced at $5.96/yd...which was good, but wait! They have now lowered their prices to $3.96 for solids or near solids, $4.96 for all their prints, and now they have batiks for $5.96 (which they didn't have before). They offer free shipping for orders $50 or over....share an order with friends to get there. Imagine, lowering prices during a recession....what a novel idea. Got my attention!

Sue

I've purchased fabric, books, etc. The Customer Service was great. Have to say the fabric was bit more thin than my preference...but since about half the price of quilt store fabs, this is very understandable...still better quality than JoAnne's, Hancock's, etc. Not SUPER thin. One thing I do l-o-v-e is this fabric is MADE IN AMERICA! Now -that- you do -not- get at those other places. I LIKE to buy American whenever possible. All in all, I'll keep sending them a portion of my business. Don't forget the 40% book Sales - makes ME happy!

I have used them, and was very happy with my order

I hope someone from Connecting Threads sees this thread as a testament to how many really loyal customers they have! (Including me)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattee
    It sounds like I'm in the minority, but I think their fabric is extremely poor quality. I still use it (because it's so cheap) for quick projects that won't be used much, or for things that I don't actually care about very much. If, however, I am putting a lot of time or energy into a project, I pay more elsewhere for better quality fabric. I can see through their fabric which I find to be very thin. It's about the quality I would expect for fabric given that it costs less than $5 per yard. I have based my opinion, by the way, on dozens of fabrics that I have purchased from them either as yardage or as part of kits. They have several kits I would like to order, but I just am not willing to put that much time into a project with such poor quality fabric.

I have also had trouble with their customer service. Specifically, several occasions on which they failed to resolve technical issues which were keeping me from being able to order on their website. They failed to respond to me at all, or in a timely manner, and were unhelpful and unsympathetic to my inability to order.

Mattee
    I had issues with their website and I called they took my order over the phone and gave me free shipping. what more could a person want :)

lisainmo,

Actually, what I want is their website to work, and their tech crew to be able to figure out the problem when it doesn't. I ended up having to figure out how to solve the problem myself, working around their buggy website. If I wanted to call in my order, I would have done that to begin with. To top it off, as a way of "apology" for not being able to solve my problem, they offered - just for me - to give me free shipping on an order over $50 as a way to make ammends for not being able to help me, just this once, so I would know how much they valued me as a customer. Sorry, but that's complete bs, as so many in this and other threads have pointed out, they were offering me something everyone gets and trying to make it sound like they were doing me some huge favor. I'm glad so many people love them, but I've only had bad customer service, and I don't think that 5-14 days for shipping is fast when places like fat quarter shop have their packages arrive within 3 days.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry you had a bad experience..but so far I have been satisfied. I do know its frustrating when things don't work and we want it to.

No complaints about my experiences so far, and I'm in an area where shipping can be a little unpredictable at times.

I purchase fabrics and kits from them quite often and have never been disappointed.

I love the feel of their fabric and have made several of their kits.

I've bought a lot (and actually used some...) of their fabric, and have used a lot of their thread, and really like it all. I have tons of their fabric that I got on clearance (usually half price), plus I usually had a coupon code for an additional discount.

One of the great things about their pricing is that when you get a fat quarter, you pay exactly 1/4 of the cost of the yard - unlike most places that charge you more per yard for pre-cuts. Same with strips, charms, layers, fat eighths, kits, samplers, you name it. Always the same price per yard, unless it's on sale. And their customer service is awesome.

Can't wait to try out their new stuff!

I have almost all their thread colors. I bought all the groups. I like the way it sews. I haven't had any problems with it. But I ordered a kit from them 2 years ago and didn't like the fabric at all. Too thinly woven. Maybe they've changed that now and I should give them another chance. I'll think about it. :-)

I just placed my first order with connecting threads, ordered the farmer's wife book, and some fabric for it, very good price for layer cake 10" squares I thought, also got some other things.

I'm hoping the fabric is good quality but since the quilt is for myself and the prices was so reasonable I couldn't pass it up. I will be able to make a decision on ordering again after I see this fabric.

I'm glad it sounds like most people are pleased with it.

Their fabrics are great, threads too. My oldest Daughter bought me a quilt kit for Christmas last year and there was lots of fabrics in it, very good quality also, I made the kit and another scrappy quilt with the leftovers. Even had enough to back the kit, provided my own backing for the scrappy. She bought herself a kit too and we were both very pleased with them.

I did send a link of this thread to Karen at CT. She is aware of all the comments being made here.
    I will buy from them even if I have another choice because their products are MADE IN THE USA!!!

I just received four kits from their sale room two weeks ago - It was the first time that I had ordered anything but thread. The kits as said before were generous in yardage, the fabric was quality fabric and a fantastic buy at that.

Already have one bag pieced (three were English paper piecing). Not only was the fabric and pattern there but all the pre-cut hexagons and triangles for the paper piecing!!

I am very impressed and and will not hesitate to purchase from them again!

Quote Originally Posted by laureneberhard
    I did send a link of this thread to Karen at CT. She is aware of all the comments being made here.
    I will buy from them even if I have another choice because their products are MADE IN THE USA!!!
    There are a lot of posts like this and sorry, this isn't true anymore!

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by laureneberhard
    There are a lot of posts like this and sorry, this isn't true anymore!
    ??? you mean they do not carry fabrics made in the USA anymore?

They're outsourcing to Indonesia. You'll notice that it only says using USA grown cotton now....

Bev
    They're outsourcing to Indonesia. You'll notice that it only says using USA grown cotton now....
    No, I hadn't noticed. I guess there's not much anyone can do about this sort of thing. Fabric companies will go wherever they can to find the least expensive, for them, people to produce their goods. :|

I really don't think that is true, because they have only been able to make this happen in the past year and sent out notifications by email to customers, but I would be interested in your source of information

The only problem I had with CT was a kit that had one piece of fabric that was too small. They over nighted me a new fabric piece. I have been very satisfied with anything I have ordered from them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast