Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Fabrics >

Connecting Threads Fabrics

Connecting Threads Fabrics

Old 08-27-2013, 12:53 PM

I think most CT fabric is great. I stick to my LQS or online shops that I trust. Every once in a while I'll get a piece from CT that I don't care for, but the vast majority of the time I am pleased with what I get. Connecting Threads is my go to place for fabric for backings. Love getting 8 yds of fabric for $40. I made a drunkards path quilt entirely from fat quarter collections from CT and it turned out beautifully, minimal shrinkage after washing and no color running. I was in warm after I finish the quilt just to make sure the recipient doesn't get a nasty surprise if they forget to use cold water.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
I only bought fabric once from CT. It was from one of their collections last spring and I absolutely fell in love with the fabric, so I had to have it for the backing of one of my quilts. I had heard good things about them, so I didn't hesitate to place the order. You can't imagine my surprise when it arrived looking not even close to what was on their website. The color was totally different (I know there are differences in monitors, but this wasn't even close), the hand was flimsy and the fabric was poorly woven. It would never have stood up to any wear, much less washing many times. I called immediately and they said I could return it, at my cost of course, and that they would refund what I paid for the fabric, less their shipping costs. They sent a refund a couple of weeks later, but it was a very disappointing experience, just the same. I don't think I will order fabric from them again

I have ordered from Fabric.com with great results, from Thousands of Bolts and from Annie's, as well, with no problems. I have a couple of favorite online sites where I can order without worrying about the quality or price. I also order my thread from a couple of online sites because I only use Aurifil and even with shipping it is less expensive per spool than my LQS.

I am not saying you should not order from CT, just that I wouldn't take the chance, again.
Can you share where you buy aurifil? Also, what size needle do you like to use with it? Thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 PM

I've ordered a lot of fabric from Connecting Threads. You can't beat the price! The quality is a little shy of the quilt shop fabrics, but not bad.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 PM

I have a bunch and I feel the quality is very good. Like the old commercial says "try it, you might like it."
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM

I just put an order in - and I'm so excited to get my package!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:55 AM

Hate to admit it but I am a fabric SNOB...If the fabric does not "feel" good, look good, and is not sufficiently "thick" (no see thru here), then I just will not get it, regardless where or how much a yard........I have purchased both kits and yardage from Connecting Threads and I have been more than satisfied with every purchase.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:08 AM

LOVE ordering from them. The fabric is good quality and their customer service is beyond belief. I've ordered several kits from them and will again when I see one I "can't live without". I got a kit one time that was short on one of the pieces of fabric, called them and they sent me an entire piece of the fabric that was cut short. You can't beat that for customer service!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:49 PM

Connecting Threads is my go to place for most of my fabrics and thread. Love CT.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
You are among the WalMart haters. I have lots of fabrics from Walmart and I don't have to spend a fortune buying it. Since I give most of my quilts away it is just fine. I don't buy fabrics from LQS.
Connecting threads fabrics are really great. Since we don't have fabrics made in U.S.A., it has to come from somewhere.
I don't fancy myself as a quilt snob. I, too, give most of my work away, generally making personal sized quilts for ill members of our church. If I like the fabric and it suits my purpose, it gets used. Next 4 or so will be from recycled light weight drapery fabric. I can probably get 4 different looks as the main design has greens and blues and pinks and tans. Just need to decide what I want to go each-------------and if I already have it in my stash.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Is the fabric from Connecting Threads good quality? I just got their catalog for the first time and their fabrics look beautiful. Solid fabric for $4.96 a yard?? Is it thin, does it feel rough? If it is quality fabric then I'm going to have to make my first on-line fabric purchase!!!
It is awesome fabric. I have placed several orders with them and I have NOT been disappointed yet. I love their fabric.